Default Ronix Wake Surf shaper on Outback DD

I've been looking at the Ronix Wake Surf Shaper for my Outback DD, and was wondering if anybody has tried it on a DD to see if it's worth it?

Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks all.
    2007 Outback DD

Not sure if anyone has tried it on a DD, but you might want to peruse this thread and do you own DIY device:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....n-Moomba-boats
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

You know (and this is just my opinion) - but surfing a DD requires so much weight to list the boat to the surf side - any wave shaper you put on the opposite side may be out of the water.

If you want to try it, invest in the $20 skateboard ramp.

You should be able to weight it much more evenly with a wake shaper device.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ya, that s part of the reason I'm looking into it. I want to weight the boat evenly so that my rub rail is no longer submerged!
    2007 Outback DD

I was hoping you had tried it, since I have an 08 Outback DD.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Default Anyone find soemething that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I was hoping you had tried it, since I have an 08 Outback DD.
    Anyone tried this and can report back on what works? Thinking about trying to surf the Outback DD?

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking I might need to address weight and the platform shape first. What works for us so far is on a CWB Ride 5'-3" (read: beginner board), my 110lb son can surf all day a few feet behind the boat, but not much further back. This is with just me driving (~205lb), my daughter behind me on the bench (~105lb), and the 400lb stock ballast full below the rear bench. Nothing else. With this, we have a slight list and the bow rises naturally (we have the stock fixed wake plate). All that said, I am unable to go ropeless on the same board.

My thought is that with this setup, we'd benefit most from adding an IBS. This should lengthen the pocket and hopefully give me enough push to surf ropeless.

The other thought I had is that the high corner of the platform is still dragging, even with the slight list. Not sure if the IBS will change that, and I don't know if the suck gate or other such surf gates will be negated by this? If so, a custom platform with a taper will be in order.

The suck gate would be the cheapest to experiment with first... I just haven't had the time to build one yet. Maybe in the off season I'll get the parts together and have it ready for spring.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Definitely can evenly weight boat and surf with one of the suction gates. Inexpensive to build and works great on the outback. Jordy figured out a great weight setup that I am using also. Run about 1400 to 1500 in the rear even distribution and about 500 in the nose. Makes a decent wave. I'm able to free surf and am working my way a little farther back on the wave now. I actually found on my boat adding more weight to the surf side didn't make much of a difference. Not hard at all to build one of the gates. Numerous designs to choose from. Alot of smart people contributed on this for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

I have a 2003 outback dd 800 lb under back seat 400lb in trunk 400lb in bow surf gate that I made myself for both sides. Boat is weighted evenly. Surfs very good.