Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I struggled with this too and ended up with a RadioShack Bluetooth module that I put in the glove box and leave plugged into a cigarette light and the aux input. Works perfectly and was 35 bucks. I mount my phone on a suction cup at the helm so I can use navionics and I just run everything from there.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Phil
    Thanks for the suggestion. There are two unmarked female plugs in the back that are both black. I tried to plugging them into it and didn't work. Not sure where those plugs go in the back of the unit. Wondering if I didn't wait long enough or should try and switch them.
    Do you think they are black? Assume I would put source to Aux In correct?

Thanks guys for the advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    So you have a female RCA pair dangling out the back of the radio, right? If so those are for sure the RCA cables added to the AUX front input on the CDX-M60Ui. A stock 69Ui has no loose cables on the back.

Connect your BT adaptor there. Make sure it has power. Then make sure you can pair to it. It all should work. If not test it by connecting some other known-working source to that rear AUX connection to verify it is working.

Default Bluetooth Receiver for Aux In

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    So you have a female RCA pair dangling out the back of the radio, right? If so those are for sure the RCA cables added to the AUX front input on the CDX-M60Ui. A stock 69Ui has no loose cables on the back.

Connect your BT adaptor there. Make sure it has power. Then make sure you can pair to it. It all should work. If not test it by connecting some other known-working source to that rear AUX connection to verify it is working.
    Thanks for the information and will try. Would the input be Aux or USB when trying to find it? The females are black and not red and white so does it matter which one goes into which?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Thanks for the information and will try. Would the input be Aux or USB when trying to find it? The females are black and not red and white so does it matter which one goes into which?

Thanks again.

Left vs. right is not super critical, so knowing which black is right and which is left will not be a big deal. You will select AUX as the source when trying to play something through the back set of RCA cables.

Phil
    Kicker

I had tried that on our old sony and it didn't work. I am intrigued by the usb bluetooth though, I wouldn't have guessed that it would work.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

We use this on our boat.

http://www.dx.com/p/lit-lsmy-01-blue...0#.V1icapD3arU

Works great for the price. There is a lag between pressing a button on my phone and the volume going up or down.
    2014 Moomba LSV

Default Bluetooth Receiver for Aux In

The exile audio Bluetooth is really good. Hides away under dash and connects to rca inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

^^^^^ If the head unit has RCA inputs, which is the topic of this 2 page thread.

To the OP, heres what pops up if you google Sony BUS audio in http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WAk78uq...-For-Sony.html

Plug it in and the head unit thinks theres a CD changer there, BUS IN becomes active. Works great if you cant get any other method to work.

Guys, need help here. I bought the PAC Unilink Adapter For Sony to plug into the BUS in the back of the Sony - plugged in fine. This enabled the CD2 on the display, and the exile plugged into the back of the deck - all good. However, the sound quality through this channel is NOT good. I use the USB pigtail to connect my iPhone 5S and the music sounds amazing. But using same phone in bluetooth mode via CD2 = poor sound quality. What up? Am I going to have to replace the deck for one with bluetooth and ditch the exile? Any help greatly appreciated (hoping it may be a setting on the deck or something...)

Cames,

The issue is that the BT receiver's output voltage level is too high for many head unit AUX inputs, which are obviously designed for the headphone level output of a music source. Its basically too strong of a signal. If the head unit has an adjustable AUX level, turn it down. Dont run your phone's volume past 80% and make sure the EQ is off or flat. Start there.