Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bluetooth Receiver for Aux In

Guys

Not a sound guy so bear with me. Have generic Sony head unit that came with 12 LS Cdx-m60ui. I wanted ability to stream music through Bluetooth instead of wired so I can control from phone at helm. Bought Exile BT unit that goes to Aux Rca plugs in rear of unit. Spliced wires and connected but found out the plugs on unit are for BUS and not aux in. Couldn't get it to work because wasn't source selection for bus. Only radio, USB, and Aux in.

If I am doing something wrong please let me know but do not think it will work.

If not still want BT. Looks like there are a lot that plug into Aux In which is in front. Just wanted to see if anyone has used one they like.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Google "sony BUS audio in". It was originally intended for their external CD changer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleAlum View Post
    Guys

Not a sound guy so bear with me. Have generic Sony head unit that came with 12 LS Cdx-m60ui. I wanted ability to stream music through Bluetooth instead of wired so I can control from phone at helm. Bought Exile BT unit that goes to Aux Rca plugs in rear of unit. Spliced wires and connected but found out the plugs on unit are for BUS and not aux in. Couldn't get it to work because wasn't source selection for bus. Only radio, USB, and Aux in.

If I am doing something wrong please let me know but do not think it will work.

If not still want BT. Looks like there are a lot that plug into Aux In which is in front. Just wanted to see if anyone has used one they like.

Thanks for the help!

Double-check the back of the radio. The distributor for Sony to the OEM boat builders did a modification on a lot of them that re-wired the front AUX input to a set of RCA cables that are hanging out the back of the radio. If you can get to the back, look for a set of RCA cables dangling back there. If so, and if they are unlabeled, hook your BT receiver to them and select AUX. Hopefully this is the case and it will work for you.

Phil
    Kicker

Not sure if this is your issue on the Sony HU model 60, but many Sony HU's have an Aux Lite rather than a true Aux In. There are adapters such as the Sony XAC40, and the XA300 before it, that will open that input and provide a menu selection for non-UniLink devices. However, at the cost of the adapter, you are well on your way to a replacement Sony HU that will already have BT built-in. You've got to stay with Sony to maintain your existing remote control function.

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Not sure if this is your issue on the Sony HU model 60, but many Sony HU's have an Aux Lite rather than a true Aux In. There are adapters such as the Sony XAC40, and the XA300 before it, that will open that input and provide a menu selection for non-UniLink devices. However, at the cost of the adapter, you are well on your way to a replacement Sony HU that will already have BT built-in. You've got to stay with Sony to maintain your existing remote control function.

Got good suggestions for a sony BT that will works with the two sony remotes I have on my 2012 remote sony rm x60 m/L and
    rm x11m

Phil I will check out that unlabeled rca if it is there....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Got good suggestions for a sony BT that will works with the two sony remotes I have on my 2012 remote sony rm x60 m/L and
    rm x11m

Phil I will check out that unlabeled rca if it is there....
    If you have an AUX/USB port somewhere on the boat, the RCA inputs I am talking about may be connected to the AUX/USB port. IF so, you can simply disconnect the port's RCA connectors from the rear RCA AUX cables, and connect your BT adaptor to them. Doing this will not affect the USB function at the AUX/USB port and it will still work for charging and playback via the USB portion or the remote port. Make sense?

Phil
    Kicker

a bluetooth USB dongle could have been your simple solution NO?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I have the exile BT which is RCA based, I bought a rca to USB adapter, but the" flux capacitor" speeds and mili volts wont translate. so RCA it is.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    a bluetooth USB dongle could have been your simple solution NO?
    That would work. I use a Miccus branded BT TX/RX unit on my sailboat connected to the same CDX-M60Ui radio and it works fine.

Default Bluetooth Receiver for Aux In

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Double-check the back of the radio. The distributor for Sony to the OEM boat builders did a modification on a lot of them that re-wired the front AUX input to a set of RCA cables that are hanging out the back of the radio. If you can get to the back, look for a set of RCA cables dangling back there. If so, and if they are unlabeled, hook your BT receiver to them and select AUX. Hopefully this is the case and it will work for you.

Phil
    Kicker
    Phil
    Thanks for the suggestion. There are two unmarked female plugs in the back that are both black. I tried to plugging them into it and didn't work. Not sure where those plugs go in the back of the unit. Wondering if I didn't wait long enough or should try and switch them.
    Do you think they are black? Assume I would put source to Aux In correct?

Thanks guys for the advice.