Default Why does my baot porpoise

Hi:
    I just bought a 2004 Mobius LSV and I noticed that when I was on the lake and opened it up the bow was really bouncing and the lake was like glass. I ended up filling up the middle ballast bag and that helped, but is there something else going on ? Everything was running perfect and the boat was just serviced. If you have the same thing going on let me know it kinda worries me.
    Thanks
    Rick

Default Replying to Topic 'Why does my baot porpoise'

Not only that I can't spell boat.

My '03 LS used to do the same thing starting somewhere between 35 and 40 mph. Even when I filled the front bag I couldn't get it to go away. I always figured I could have taken care of the problem if I would have gotten the adjustable wakeplate.

I cannot fathom how they can sell these boats without a trim plate.

IMHO, The "wake plate" is a manditory item on all but the base outback (flat hull).

If you have the wakeplate - drop it down it to point the nose back into the water, if not - the boat will porpoise at speed.

-Joe

I do have a wakeplate I'll try that, I thought that was mostly for when boarding, that never crossed my mind,thanks for the help.

I had an 02 Outback LS and it did the same thing. The solution, as it were, was to not go that fast. Now I have the XLV and the wake plate is down when cruising and up when surfing or wakeboarding. I agree that all of these boats need the wakeplate as a standard item.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

I've got a wakeplate on my new Outback too. At speed it acts like engine trim on my old outboard. Trim the nose too far up and you will get a cyclic bouncing of the nose of the boat. Just trim the nose back down untill the porpoising stops.

If you don't have a wakeplate, get weight out of the stern of the boat, and into the bow and that should stop it.

Dave