Thread: Amp Setting

Default Amp Setting

I just got some 75watt infinity 6.5 marine speakers for the interior of my boat.

I got a few questions

I got a Rockford fosgate 400x4d
    I got 6 speakers the plan is to do the following
    parallel the left two cabin speaker and right two cabin speakers and put them on rear right and left.
    then put the two bow speakers one on front left one on front right.
    1. With the channels of the amp seeing different ohms will this be a problem?
    2. The amp has a gain settings for fronts and rears? should the fronts be turn down on gains compared to the rears?
    3 What should the x-over be set on LP, HP or AP

Next I been reading different conversations about Rev-10s.
    I have my Amp x-over set on AP for the rev-10s is this the best setting or should it be on one of the other settings?

thanks
    Jon
    2007 supra 21v

1) nope
    2) not necessarily. once you have the gains set properly for both zones, then you can decide if you want to turn down the bow zone or the cabin zone
    3) HP for all full range speaker, including Rev-10

I tuned the rev-10's back on 2014 with an o-scope and it sounds great If I change the x-over do I need to retune the Rev-10's?
    2007 supra 21v

Quote Originally Posted by wolff supra21v View Post
    I tuned the rev-10's back on 2014 with an o-scope and it sounds great If I change the x-over do I need to retune the Rev-10's?
    You shouldn't see a noticeable change in output if you correctly select a highpass crossover frequency. And correctly set, you should not hear a loss of bass. So the gain will likely stay about the same. However, when you narrow the bandwidth a bit, and remove the lower end that the speaker cannot effectively reproduce, you may hear a slightly cleaner sounding amplifier and speaker.