Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: '14 LSV Sub box

Default '14 LSV Sub box

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Cut a new facade and ad a 2nd XS-10fa 4 ohm. Again, only speculating without knowing how that helm is constructed. Where is the subsonic, gain cross-0ver set? Is the sub level knob by chance connected but hidden? Is the sub output from the head unit turned down?
    I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure there is no sub level knob. And yes the sub is at max on HU, ws420eq, and the gain is maxed on the amp on the sub side

I agree with David. Is it possible to receive credit for the woofer misapplication? Provided the goal is to maintain the factory amp, Ideally, you could swap for a 10 or 12" 2 ohm sub in a sealed enclosure for a modest increase in cost. I think you would see a significant difference.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 05-26-2016 at 01:03 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Ideally, you could swap for a 10 or 12" 2 ohm sub in a sealed enclosure for a modest increase in cost. I think you would see a significant difference.
    I built a sealed enclosure and put a 12" 2 ohm sub in it. Fits above the hump on my 2008. Had to relocate a fuse panel but it went in there and stays nice and dry.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default '14 LSV Sub box

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I agree with David. Is it possible to receive credit for the woofer misapplication? Provided the goal is to maintain the factory amp, Ideally, you could swap for a 10 or 12" 2 ohm sub in a sealed enclosure for a modest increase in cost. I think you would see a significant difference.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    I doubt it, audio shop put it in and I doubt they will take back a used sub because I made a mistake. I may just sell it and get another sub and build a box to go into factory location.

Maxed gains is whole other. Did you or the shop max them or were they maxed already? This would certainly lead to a failed woofer, regardless of brand.