Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LED install question

Hey guys ... I am just about to tackle my LED install and I was wondering a few things. I am a total newbie to this so I just had a question.

I have 2 x 6' RGB strips and 14 LED cupholders. I also have a boat plug LED light from Diablo Royale. Here is the link:

http://boatpluglight.com/products/y-...on-3000-lumens

1 - can I just wire all of these up to the existing courtesy light switch on the boat now? Or will all of these be too much of a power draw on them?

2 - I only want the blue from the RGB strips ... can I just eliminate the need for a controller?

I was going to have an installer do this for me but now I feel like just tackling it myself.

Thanks!
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Yes you can wire them all into the courtesy light switch, LEDS are very low power draw.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

what size wire do you use from the led strip to the power? I have plenty of Cat 5 wire.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    what size wire do you use from the led strip to the power? I have plenty of Cat 5 wire.
    I used 16g I had laying around.
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I think I am going to put all the interior LEDs on their own ACC switch ... maybe keep the courtesy lights separate from the LEDs in case I just want one or the other?

I will probably wire the drain plug light into the NAV light so that whenever the boat is being driven at night the underwater LED will be on.

What does everyone else do?
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Hey guys ... I am just about to tackle my LED install and I was wondering a few things. I am a total newbie to this so I just had a question.

I have 2 x 6' RGB strips and 14 LED cupholders. I also have a boat plug LED light from Diablo Royale. Here is the link:

http://boatpluglight.com/products/y-...on-3000-lumens

1 - can I just wire all of these up to the existing courtesy light switch on the boat now? Or will all of these be too much of a power draw on them?

2 - I only want the blue from the RGB strips ... can I just eliminate the need for a controller?

I was going to have an installer do this for me but now I feel like just tackling it myself.

Thanks!
    Have you fitted the plug light? I bought the triple one in all brass. It would work with wakeplate. I am going to swap it out and would like to know if yours works.
    2017 Supra SA

Not yet nope ... pretty eager to get it on there and see what it looks like. Sounds like we have the same one
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Not yet nope ... pretty eager to get it on there and see what it looks like. Sounds like we have the same one
    Heck. I cannot type. I may have drank too much lake water today or cold beer. Ha My boat plug light would not fit. The wake plate was all in the way. Hoping yours fits so I can swap for one like yours. I have this one.
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    Heck. I cannot type. I may have drank too much lake water today or cold beer. Ha My boat plug light would not fit. The wake plate was all in the way. Hoping yours fits so I can swap for one like yours. I have this one.
    I'm pretty sure that I've heard of people making an adapter that moves those LED light plugs up so they don't interfere with the wakeplate. I'd imagine that you'd need a couple 90 degree elbows. if the elbows are Female/Female, than you'd need a couple of pipe nipples too.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com