Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Oh really? So when all 5 LEDS are lit up that means a longer more mellow wave ... and just 1 LED would be steep and short?

Seems counter intuitive to me but I am Canadian
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Oh really? So when all 5 LEDS are lit up that means a longer more mellow wave ... and just 1 LED would be steep and short?

Seems counter intuitive to me but I am Canadian
    This is correct.

I agree that it's counterintuitive, but then again, I havent found anything explaining how the system works.

I assumed it work as follows (let's assume setting is at 100%):

- flip switch to port side for regular wave
    - tab would deploy 100%
    - this would result in the port side being "pulled" down more
    - result would be a tall wave with good push

Pretty much everything I assumed is innacurate.

If I want to surf regular side, I need to throw the switch to the starboard side. If I want a tall wave, I need to reduce the %.

If anyone has insight as to how the system works, I'm all ears and appreciate it!
    2016 Craz

I'm in the same boat with my 16 mojo have the 1100s in the rear filled the front all the way plus an extra 500 in the front on the floor and still no push. So far my 05 lsv is 10 times better. Goofy is ok regular is bad

I'm a new wakeboat owner and have had my 2016 mojo outa grand total of 2 times. But from what I'm learning I fill the the side being surfed full, front full, and opposite rear about 75% with tab on the same side 75%to 100% and speed at about 11mph 11.5mph. So as the boarder gets up and going I flip the surf switch to the side they are on and the tab on their opposite side deploys (this is with four adults sitting on the side of the boat being surfed) and can feel the boat really lean then and the kick up. Wake plate is at 25%

I'm having the same issues and have spoken to some other Mojo owners on my lake and we're all having the same experience. I've got a '15 with 1100's in the rear and I installed the '16 larger wake plates earlier this season hoping it would help, but it didn't do anything. The only time I've been able to surf behind this boat is when we had 12 people on the boat, unfortunately we typically have 3-4 guys. Last weekend I went out with 3 other guys that own wakeboard boats who were there to help me finally get it dialed in - we spent 2-3 hours of trying ever variation of wake plate settings, ballast, speed, etc. At the end of it all my buddy told me my boat must broken and I need to call the dealer because we couldn't get a decent wave. It's been super frustrating to say the least. I'm going to try to add the stock 650 bag to the locker in front of the 1100 to see if that helps but if that doesn't work I'll be trading it in on a different make boat. I surf my friend's Nautiques, Malibus, and Supras and none of them have any issues throwing a wave at will without having to spend thousands of dollars on upgrades and hours messing with settings. I know these are more expensive boats, but they're selling the Mojo as surf-ready and my experience has been anything but. Hate to be a downer but if you can't tell i'm really pissed off and venting a little!!!

i got a 16 mojo and have a great wave. have the 650 rear bags, fill them all the way up, plus full center and IBS. wakeplate all the way up. we have a decent wave with only 2-3 people on the boat. the more people the better the wave gets. that's why i just ordered 1100's.
    Moomba Mojo 2016

Finally got a full crew of 11 people, all bags full (4200lb), wake plate all the way up, surf tab at 55, and speed at 10.6mph. The wave looks massive but is shorter (in length) than desired. I adjusted the wake plate down to get a longer wave but the push was greatly reduced. Very surfable but lacked a solid defined lip in the front of the wave to boost airs. The goofy side looked good as well with the surf tab setting at 100% but I did not ride it personally. The fully loaded boat struggled to get on plane with the 15x13 prop, thinking about upgrading to a 14.5x12.

IMG_1251.jpg
    Last edited by PuraVida; 06-01-2016 at 06:39 PM.
    2016 Mojo

I haven't had a chance to play with setups much but we have been out a few times now. I'm getting a decent wave with settings similar to others. There are a few things I'm wanting to try next time out, wondering if anyone already has ....

1. Drop weight from the bow (maybe no ibs) so the rear is sunk further. Then try to get the length back with the plate.
    2. Add weight to the center of the boat (instead of surf side). I'm thinking a 750 in the floor might make a difference, again with goal of sinking the overall rear.

This is what most of us seem to be working with .... surf full, bow full, non-surf 75'ish%, wake plate up, surf tab between 40-60%. It seems I end up higher on the starboard side than port. Pic of goofy/starboard wave ...

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzbutz View Post
    I'm having the same issues and have spoken to some other Mojo owners on my lake and we're all having the same experience. I've got a '15 with 1100's in the rear and I installed the '16 larger wake plates earlier this season hoping it would help, but it didn't do anything. The only time I've been able to surf behind this boat is when we had 12 people on the boat, unfortunately we typically have 3-4 guys. Last weekend I went out with 3 other guys that own wakeboard boats who were there to help me finally get it dialed in - we spent 2-3 hours of trying ever variation of wake plate settings, ballast, speed, etc. At the end of it all my buddy told me my boat must broken and I need to call the dealer because we couldn't get a decent wave. It's been super frustrating to say the least. I'm going to try to add the stock 650 bag to the locker in front of the 1100 to see if that helps but if that doesn't work I'll be trading it in on a different make boat. I surf my friend's Nautiques, Malibus, and Supras and none of them have any issues throwing a wave at will without having to spend thousands of dollars on upgrades and hours messing with settings. I know these are more expensive boats, but they're selling the Mojo as surf-ready and my experience has been anything but. Hate to be a downer but if you can't tell i'm really pissed off and venting a little!!!
    I was/am in your same situation man. I feel your pain. I actually have a test drive in a Supreme S238 at the start of the week ... I want to see what kind of wake it throws and if its as finicky as the Mojo wave.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

I was able to get an ok surf wave that took effort to stay on by putting the wakeplate all the way up and having front ballast ~50%. Still needs more weight on back. I am upgrading the rear ballast to 1100's as other people are suggesting but am worried this may not make much difference.
    I wonder if this is intrinsic to the mojo hull design. Like in aerodynamics, during wind tunnel testing designers see how the shape affects air turbulence. There is no "water tunnel" testing for seeing how hulls shape a wave. Just saying.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost