Threaded View

Default Surf Setup - 2016 Mojo - HELP!

Has anyone tried to completely list a mojo with the auto-flow 2 system? I understand this sounds misguided but I am curious how it may affect the surf wave shape.

My first trip out with the stock 2500lbs ballast system (650lbs rear lockers, 700 hard center tank, 500lb IBS) was very lacking is wave size. I then upgraded the rear lockers to 1100lbs each and piggy-backed them to over fill into 400lb bags under the seats. Grand total weight = 4200lbs (1100lb rear lockers, 400lb under seats, 700lb center, 500 IBS). My wave looks great from the boat but lacks push the farther you get from the boat. My sweet spot is maybe ~8ft long tops. I also noticed the front part of the wave lacks a solid lip to boost airs, looks more of a rolled over mellow transition.

So far my best setup is 100% full ballast rear port, 80% starboard and full center and IBS @ 10.2 GPS speed, 50% plate, and tabs @ 45.

I have placed the wake plate and surf tabs in every position possible, adjusted speed, and even let out some ballast in the starboard side since I surf port side. Nothing seems to give me the perfect wave I am seeking. I am also running the recommend +12' water depth. My crew has been small, typically 3 passengers. Do I need more weight? Anyone else have a similar ballast setup? Don't get me wrong, the wave is very surf-able but its not the wave I have dreamed of all winter long. I am used to listing a boat until the rub rail is touching the water at surf speed but with the surf system the rub rail is still 10-12" out of the water. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

IMG_1120.jpg
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-20-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    2016 Mojo