Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Surf Setup - 2016 Mojo - HELP!

Has anyone tried to completely list a mojo with the auto-flow 2 system? I understand this sounds misguided but I am curious how it may affect the surf wave shape.

My first trip out with the stock 2500lbs ballast system (650lbs rear lockers, 700 hard center tank, 500lb IBS) was very lacking is wave size. I then upgraded the rear lockers to 1100lbs each and piggy-backed them to over fill into 400lb bags under the seats. Grand total weight = 4200lbs (1100lb rear lockers, 400lb under seats, 700lb center, 500 IBS). My wave looks great from the boat but lacks push the farther you get from the boat. My sweet spot is maybe ~8ft long tops. I also noticed the front part of the wave lacks a solid lip to boost airs, looks more of a rolled over mellow transition.

So far my best setup is 100% full ballast rear port, 80% starboard and full center and IBS @ 10.2 GPS speed, 50% plate, and tabs @ 45.

I have placed the wake plate and surf tabs in every position possible, adjusted speed, and even let out some ballast in the starboard side since I surf port side. Nothing seems to give me the perfect wave I am seeking. I am also running the recommend +12' water depth. My crew has been small, typically 3 passengers. Do I need more weight? Anyone else have a similar ballast setup? Don't get me wrong, the wave is very surf-able but its not the wave I have dreamed of all winter long. I am used to listing a boat until the rub rail is touching the water at surf speed but with the surf system the rub rail is still 10-12" out of the water. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

IMG_1120.jpg
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-20-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    2016 Mojo

Thank you for the thread. I picked up my 2016 Mojo on Friday and put it in the water on Saturday. I knew it would be a little challenging dialing in the right wake for surfing. I am confused what steps to do to get the push. have you heard anymore advice from anyone? I ordered a 1100 lb bag yesterday, but will this really fix.?

I was playing with mine over the weekend and came to dang near the same conclusion .....

I did 1100 port full, backed a little weight off starboard ... ibs/bow full ... tabs between 40 and 60% and I was going with wakeplate all the way up.

That is where I found the most push but my shape wasn't quite right and i was looking for a little more length.

I'm thinking, similar to you, it's a weight thing ... the boat doesnt look deep in the water at all and has plenty of room left to get sunk. I'm just not sure the best way to add the weight, yet.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Here is the only pic I snapped while surfing.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I was playing with mine over the weekend and came to dang near the same conclusion .....

I did 1100 port full, backed a little weight off starboard ... ibs/bow full ... tabs between 40 and 60% and I was going with wakeplate all the way up.

That is where I found the most push but my shape wasn't quite right and i was looking for a little more length.

I'm thinking, similar to you, it's a weight thing ... the boat doesnt look deep in the water at all and has plenty of room left to get sunk. I'm just not sure the best way to add the weight, yet.
    Need one of these. 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

1100lb rear sacs are a must in my opinion.
    2016 Mojo

I have 1100s and I'm thinking a custom sac would fit much better

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Yeah KG, slap some suction cups onto the side of that brand new Mojo. You an I both know those 1100's fit the new Mojo locker like a square peg into a round hole!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Got my 2014 Mojo out on the water today for its first test run after having the manual Flow replaced by the Autoflow 2.0. I would assume that the 14's and the 16's would be somewhat similar. The 1100s actually fit really well into the rear lockers so that isn't an issue for me.

My first opinion on the wave ... completely underwhelmed as well. As said above boat is DEFINITELY not that far into the water. Not nearly as far as it used to be with my manual Flow.

Before I jump to any solid conclusions I need to spend a few more hours with it to try everything ... but here is what I tried today.

I have the 1100's in the rear lockers with a 650IBS up front. We ride goofy so I had goofy side bag at 100% full and non surf side bag at 80%. Tried it with the non surf bags at 75%, 60% even 40%. Tried with the IBS and centre tank totally full ... tried it with the IBS at 50% and with the IBS empty. Just could not get ANY PUSH out of this wave. Tried speeds from 9.8 to 10.6mph. Tried wake plate at 0/50% and 100%.

I have been riding ropeless behind my Mojo for quite some time and have no issues whatsoever keeping up with the boat ... until now. I was pumping the wave as hard as I could and I could only JUST stay with the boat. As soon as I stopped pumping I fell right back out. Even putting MAJOR front foot weight (to the point I would bury the nose) would not give me the speed I needed to keep up.

After trying for 30+ mins and all those variables we decided to drop the surf setting from 5 LED bars down to 4 and then 3. 3 seemed to be the best. The wave had a little more push but definitely not enough to ride comfortably in the pocket without a rope for any extended period of time.

I am more than choked right now because after this "upgrade" I am short $6K and have a boat that I can't surf behind.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

I would decrease the percentage on the auto flow lower percentages equal taller wave thus more push the higher gives less or this what I found on our mojo. The tabs actually lift the non surf side acting like you have more ballast.
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf