Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Surf Setup - 2016 Mojo - HELP!

I did just order the engine savers from wake makers because right now it bows the engine dividers in. I needed as big of bags as possible because most of my friends have boats also so a lot of times there's just 2-4 of us on the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Surf Setup - 2016 Mojo - HELP!

I got engine panels as well but still notice some bowing. Check to see where you should install them. I think mine need to be up higher.

2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Choward2003 View Post
    I played with it a lot this weekend, my 2nd weekend having the 1450's and I am now really pleased with them. Full ballast on port side, almost half or a little less on starboard side and I fill the hard tank in the middle of the boat almost full and nothing in the bow as of right now. I can surf at 10.5mph ropeless and play around on the wave with just me and my wife in the boat. Port surf tab at 60-70%, and wake plate at 1/2 to 3/4 max.

I have a similar setup from a weight stand point (1100 rears, 400s under seats, 700 hard tank, 500 ibs), but my best wave is with everything 100% full, 10.8mph, plate up, tab at 65% for port side, 100% for starboard.
    2016 Mojo

hey everyone. I'm a new Moomba owner and I've been trying to wrap my mind around everything that goes into owning one. I have been doing as much research as possible so I'm squared away when I take delivery in April. I've purchased 2 fly high 1100 rear bags and the ACME 2079 prop so far. I'm confused on what piggy backing means? I'm assuming that would be using the 650lbs stock bags I'm replacing and using those somewhere else? Also with all the added weight do you subtract that from the weight capacity of the boat? I'm a first time boat owner / straight up noob so thanks for the help guys.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

also what is the average depth you guys surf at and at what point does that start to effect the wave? The river I'm on has some areas that might get to 8-10 feet so I have to cruise up to the lake where depths are more in the 20 foot range. is that good enough to get a decent wave?
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by loc82 View Post
    hey everyone. I'm a new Moomba owner and I've been trying to wrap my mind around everything that goes into owning one. I have been doing as much research as possible so I'm squared away when I take delivery in April. I've purchased 2 fly high 1100 rear bags and the ACME 2079 prop so far. I'm confused on what piggy backing means? I'm assuming that would be using the 650lbs stock bags I'm replacing and using those somewhere else? Also with all the added weight do you subtract that from the weight capacity of the boat? I'm a first time boat owner / straight up noob so thanks for the help guys.
    First off, welcome and can't wait to see pics of your new Mojo. As far as piggy backing, the most common approach people use here is to tie their IBS or bow bag into the center tank. Once the center tank fills then the IBS will begin to fill. On my LSV I added an IBS and plumbed in it's own pump as I did not want to piggy back it off of anything else. The maximum weight question, the Mojo is designed to take on weight and a lot of it. Look at the post above, 1100 rears, 400s under seats, 700 tank and 500 IBS, that's 4,200 lbs of just ballast.

Good luck and just know it will take time to dial everything in just right.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

As for depth, I think everyone agrees that you see the wave diminish rapidly as you get under 10 feet. Once you get up to around 12 it doesn't matter a whole lot how much deeper it is than that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    I have a similar setup from a weight stand point (1100 rears, 400s under seats, 700 hard tank, 500 ibs), but my best wave is with everything 100% full, 10.8mph, plate up, tab at 65% for port side, 100% for starboard.
    Do you piggyback the 400's off the 1100's or do they have their own dedicated pump? Do they 400's fill all the way? I'm looking to do the same in my craz and hoping someone on here can give me some pointers.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Do you piggyback the 400's off the 1100's or do they have their own dedicated pump? Do they 400's fill all the way? I'm looking to do the same in my craz and hoping someone on here can give me some pointers.

Wolfeman had s nice write up on his mojo install that I followed.

You tee off the 1100 and fill your under seat port bag.you vent your port bag to the 1100 so it overflows into it.

Boom Boom!!! 🏼*♂️

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post

The 400s under the seats are piggy backed off the rear 1100s. Original factory pumps fill the 1100 and then spill over into the 400. Takes about 14 min unfortunately. I would love a faster pump time. The vent is off the 400 and I added a check valve to the vent line so the bags empty better. Without the check the bags don't empty very well.

2016 Mojo