Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

My system does not utilize a T to fill the 400s under the seats. The 1100s simply overflow into the 400s, but I am curious if a tee would improve the my fill time.
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    My system does not utilize a T to fill the 400s under the seats. The 1100s simply overflow into the 400s, but I am curious if a tee would improve the my fill time.
    Sweet. Thanks! How well do the 400's fit length and height wise? I've got a craz and my compartments are about 8" shorter.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Sweet. Thanks! How well do the 400's fit length and height wise? I've got a craz and my compartments are about 8" shorter.

The port side bag is almost to the heater, with a couple inches to spare. The starboard side has plenty of room. I store 2 anchors in front of the sac on the starboard side. If your craz has a heater you may not be able to fit the 400lb sac on the port side. I have posted this pic before but it goes to show that with enough weight you can get a good surf wave. Only 2 people in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post

Height wise they fit okay. They do push up slightly on the seat when 100% full but not enough to slide the seat out of its original position. If someone is sitting on them you never notice it. If height was an issue for you, simply sit on the seat till the bag empties enough but I don't think that will be a problem.

2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    The port side bag is almost to the heater, with a couple inches to spare. The starboard side has plenty of room. I store 2 anchors in front of the sac on the starboard side. If your craz has a heater you may not be able to fit the 400lb sac on the port side. I have posted this pic before but it goes to show that with enough weight you can get a good surf wave. Only 2 people in the boat.

Awesome! I ran 4200 lbs all summer, just looking to put the extra weight under the seats instead of on the floor. Thanks for the help man, I think I'll be ordering some 400's asap.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Is there any use for the stock 650's after upgrading? I'm trying to make sure I understand you guys 1100's in the rear 700 stock in the floor 500 IBS upfront....and on top of that you guys add 400's to the rear seats. This extra 400lbs in the rear seats would be unnecessary if I have a few fat ass friends with me, correct? The weight capacity is 2500lbs so if I add 4200lbs ballast ( minus the 2500lbs standard stock ballast) 2500LBS boat weight capacity minus 1700 leaves me with 800lbs for passengers. Sorry if this is confusing. I'm just trying to figure this all out before I pull a titanic on the lake
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Your figures are correct. Any additional ballast that you add to the stock ballast takes away from the boat's weight capacity. I have heard people say that it is water weight and that it doesn't count.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

thanks for the reply. I'm not going to push my luck
    2016 Moomba Mojo

The extra 800lb you have left over is a relatively accurate figure, any more and I struggle to get on plane even with an upgraded 15"x12" prop. I wonder if the new auto-launch would fix this. I typically cheat one of my surf tabs down in addition to the wake plate to get on plane but having control of both surf tabs would be nice. I have had full ballast and a crew size of 14 adults and never felt unsafe. The mojo can handle a lot of weight, even more than the rating but say goodbye to getting anywhere very fast. The surf wave was really good though. To quote the moomba website, "there is no replacement for displacement."
    2016 Mojo

I haven't found a use for the stock 650lb bags. Since the fittings are glued in you can't simply replace the stock fittings for plugs unless I am missing something.
    2016 Mojo