Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default The official slam your craz and surf it thread.

I was tight on time today so I didn't get a chance to fill additional bags. I ran 1100 rears and stock floor tank and 500 ibs. For what it's worth, I wasn't able to ride the wave, just admire them.

Regular wave: 65% autoflow, wake plate all the way up all ballast full except I ran about 80% ballast in opposite locker, speed at 10.8-11.1.***** This seemed to produce the biggest cleanest wave.

Goofy: 85% autoflow, wake plate all the way up, all ballast full except i ran 60% ballast in opposite side, speed at 11.1-11.2.**

I tried weighting the boat evenly at first, but found that I needed to dump some ballast on the opposite side in order to clean up the goofy wave. This also helped the reg wave but it was fairly clean to begin with. Now keep in mind I didn't have any passengers, so just shifting an extra person or two to surf side would likely accomplish the same thing.
    uploadfromtaptalk1464060067221.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464060067221.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Please post how it rides when you get a chance. I want to see if it was me/my crew but when I did that speed with that long for a wave we have very little push. We had to back to about 10.5 and slightly play with settings to clean it up because that length didn't give much push at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm coming from a late 90's mastercraft dd. I could surf that tiny wave all day long on a little hyperlite coex as long as the face was clean. This wave looked to be at least twice the size, although I was expecting larger. I should be able to give you my honest opinion once I get on the wave.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I think these pictures can be misleading w wake size. I am running factory ballast (w surf package) and my wave looks huge in person. I am coming from an 05 Avalanche w about 1600lbs of ballast, leaning hard to the surf side. My dealer gave me a sheet showing recommendations for all models and claimed the craz should be set similar to the mojo. It recommended 70/80 for surf tabs, both rears full and a 60/30 rear to front weight ratio. It says the platform should set level with the water if the weight is correct. To much rear weight would sink the platform below water level. I used these settings and was able to surf ropeless for the first time. I liked the wave but felt like it could be longer so I will play around w that. This was with 4 people in boat and wake plate at 50 percent. This was also done it kinda rough water, I will try to get some pictures next outing as well.

Agreed that pics can be misleading.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to surf with your stock setup.

With respect to the recommended setup, it seems like there's conflicting info all over the place. Your dealer gave you a sheet. We have the sticky in the general section with information from Jon at SC. And we also have our owner's manual. I don't know if there are any consistencies between them. Having the platform level with the water line probably makes sense with the stock ballast setup, but if you upgrade the rear ballast, it's going to sink the boat/platform under the water line. You might be able to get it level with water line by adding people up front, but it will definitely be under water.

How much weight did you have in your IBS with your setup? And where were the 4 people in your boat? Just curious how you had the 60/30 (or is that supposed to be 70/30?) weight distribution between rear sacs, IBS, and passengers.
    2016 Craz

Yes I have noticed quite a bit of different information as well. 4 people were in the cabin area. Played around putting one up front on surf side but did not notice huge difference, again water was a little rough as well. And yes I meant 70/30, typo. I filled the center/front to around 70 or 75 percent based on factory timer and gauge settings. I was going to try at 100 percent w 4 in the cabin but ran out of time. I have only had it out 3 times now, hopefully as time goes on there will be more information and consistency in how the get the best possible combo.

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

I'm not sure why everyone is having a hard time getting the wave dialed .... I literally filled my 900s.. center.. and nose bags till water was spewing out all overflow tubes... set my cruise to 10.8 wake plate at 3/4 and Boom! Sick wave that literally gets my 316 pound buddy going ropeless.. I usualy have about 4 more people in the boat plus me which is about another 1000 pounds ... if I want a longer wave I speed up to about 11 and take wake plate to around 1/2 or make some people sit up front in the bow ... I think my autoflow 2.0 is set at 65% on the plate surfing reg side. FYI my platform sits about 8 or more inches under the water line when I'm at a stand still
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is having a hard time getting the wave dialed .... I literally filled my 900s.. center.. and nose bags till water was spewing out all overflow tubes... set my cruise to 10.8 wake plate at 3/4 and Boom! Sick wave that literally gets my 316 pound buddy going ropeless.. I usualy have about 4 more people in the boat plus me which is about another 1000 pounds ... if I want a longer wave I speed up to about 11 and take wake plate to around 1/2 or make some people sit up front in the bow ... I think my autoflow 2.0 is set at 65% on the plate surfing reg side. FYI my platform sits about 8 or more inches under the water line when I'm at a stand still
    Issue for me may have more to do with the fact that my water depth was only 7-9' or so. Perhaps filling everything up and going is all I need to do when in water 15'+. But, I wasn't getting any push with everything full, 2 passengers, and changing speed/autoflow settings at 7-9'. I have also only had 2 passengers in the cabin area.
    2016 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by 07STI View Post
    Issue for me may have more to do with the fact that my water depth was only 7-9' or so. Perhaps filling everything up and going is all I need to do when in water 15'+. But, I wasn't getting any push with everything full, 2 passengers, and changing speed/autoflow settings at 7-9'. I have also only had 2 passengers in the cabin area.
    Yep, you have a problem with your water, not your boat.