Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Also forgot to add wake plate is at 3/4 running with cruise set at 10.2

Reviving this thread because moombaman16 was having trouble finding it. Hope this helps. Also, did anyone else notice wake9 is using a moomba craz in the polar bear event this year? I'm exctied to see how it stacks up and also hear how the boat is set up.
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Been running the enzo bags for a couple sessions now, really happy with the results but just doing a bit of fine tuning with about 400# of steel plate. Here are some pics with everything full plus an extra 400 in the nose. Non surf side ballast was at 80% for goofy wave and totally full for reg wave. Wake plate all the way up, speed between 11.3 & 12+ mph. Stbd furf set at 75% and port at 65%. Water depth was a bit less than I'd like... 12-17 ft.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Looks like a whole lot o' fun!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

This has all been posted but I will confirm ... I took our new Craz out for the first time today. Wave was great with all ballast full but 90% on opposite side of surfer (upgraded to larger sacks). Autoflow at 55-60%, wakeplate at 80%. Speed 10.2 -10.8.

The wave was actually a little too short and steep for the super fast new boards, so we bumped up the speed and ran the wakeplate at 70ish to lengthen the wave.

For those having problems staying in the hook maybe trying a newer high performance board that is super fast will be the ticket.
    2017 Craz Surf Edition

Some pics of the wakemakers 1140 bags, was able to move the bottom of the back wall aft about 5" to help get a little more in. for my craz it took setting timers to 13 minutes to fill , at that it just barely started to come out the vent, should be pretty close to filling the bag full, the ballast puppy is supposed to pump 88 lbs a minute. For the wave in the pic we had both rears 100% center and 500ibs at close to 90 % smartplate 20 % tab at 65% , 2 adults and 2 small kids , 150 sumo under bow filler speed was 10.8 on phone gps , but for surfing it , in order to get enough push for me we had to slow down a little , and bring the smartplate to 0 and the tab to 70 % ,move the sumo to the back, a few times we brought the smartplate up to 25 , but really started to loose the push. Had about 2 board lengths of surfable wave. But was a really great wave was able to pull of my first 360 , so just some more info for those us still getting used to setting their boats, lots of trial and error , but a blast none the less.1140.jpgsurf wave.jpg
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I have a 2016 Craz. I see most people talking about surf tab on port side at 55-65%. I am 5'11" and weigh about 235. The only board I have is a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. To go ropeless, I have to set cruise at 10.5 mph and the surf tab at 35% with wake plate all the way up. If I have a boat full of people I can bump it up to 40%. I can surf 6-8 feet behind the boat like this even though the wave is steep. In the beginning I figured the higher the percentage meant a bigger wave but it seems to me the lower the percentage the steeper wave with more push. Does this make sense to anyone who is smarter than me about all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post
    I have a 2016 Craz. I see most people talking about surf tab on port side at 55-65%. I am 5'11" and weigh about 235. The only board I have is a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. To go ropeless, I have to set cruise at 10.5 mph and the surf tab at 35% with wake plate all the way up. If I have a boat full of people I can bump it up to 40%. I can surf 6-8 feet behind the boat like this even though the wave is steep. In the beginning I figured the higher the percentage meant a bigger wave but it seems to me the lower the percentage the steeper wave with more push. Does this make sense to anyone who is smarter than me about all of this?

You got it. Less percentage equals more push.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

With settings we have played with before trying to ride the wave , anything less than 50% on the surf tabs seems to just wash out the wave ,looks like the tab isn't even deployed
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post

I would strongly suggest upgrading your board! You just can't imagine the difference it will make.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4