Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default The official slam your craz and surf it thread.

Since there are a number of members starting to dial in their new boats, I thought there should be a new thread specifically about setting up the boat for surfing. Post your setup here with pics and let's get some collaboration happening! I should have something useful to contribute in the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I'll post this here and in the CRAZ owner's thread.

I got out with a fellow forum member for a few hours on Friday afternoon. I have to preface this by noting that we were on a river with variable depths of 7-12 feet while surfing. Most of the time, the depth was around 9ft. Water depth was affecting the amount of push we were getting, so we played around quite a bit. Best results were as follows:

Surf side = Port (regular)
    Speed = 10.5mph (but I went all the way down to 9.5mph and it was still good)
    Ballast = 1,100's in the rear full, center tank full, IBS empty
    Autoflow setting = 55%
    Passengers = 1 on the port side

The wave was huge with this setup. We probably had too much weight in the back, but that's what it took to get a wave with enough push to go ropeless. I'll try to get out on some deeper water in the next couple weeks to try it with some weight up front.
    2016 Craz

I was not able to go rope less unless my center and ibs tank was full. I'm running the stock bags though.

2016 Moomba Craz
    Gunmetal W/ flake
    Atomic Orange Accent
    Black Deck and Hull

What was the rest of your setup? Passengers, speed, autoflow settings, and water depth?

I'm hoping that I can add some weight up front in deeper water and still get good results.
    2016 Craz

Front ibs full I still had plenty of push. We are also finding 55% and 10.4-.5 is best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

07, next time drive up to the depere launch. would have been MUCH easier than that detour to the other ramp and we'll try some deeper water.
    having surfed that boat last summer with factory ballast and again friday, the wave was 100% better on friday and if it would have been some deeper water it would have been solid.
    I took a quick snap of the wave as he was dialing it in and has nice shape and length, just need some depth of water to get a little more height and some push to it. was able to ride wireless for a spell tho..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks Scott! Had a great time, despite the detour and relatively shallow water.

I think that pic was prior to me emptying the IBS. After that, the wave looked twice as tall, but also much shorter.
    2016 Craz

Default The official slam your craz and surf it thread.

I just went ropeless for the first time Saturday. Second time out! Seemed like it was pretty easy to keep going, good push. Here is my setup:

3 people, 2 guys evenly distributed in back and my wife driving. So had more # on sb side I guess.
    Port surf 50%
    Wake plate up
    Full 900s in rear
    Mid full and front ibs 15% (front ballasts 65% on read out)
    10.7 MPH recently GPS verified
    100ft deep and coooold!

Sorry no photos of just the wake without my goofy butt on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CRAZy440; 05-23-2016 at 04:53 PM.
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 07STI View Post
    Thanks Scott! Had a great time, despite the detour and relatively shallow water.

I think that pic was prior to me emptying the IBS. After that, the wave looked twice as tall, but also much shorter.
    I'll snap a better pic next time...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Me too! Only reason I caught that is it looks the same as the pic I took, which was before emptying the IBS.

Looking forward to getting out again!
    2016 Craz