Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stereo Output Modification

Hello all! Brand new to the Moomba owners world. Just bought a 2016 Craz. I tacked on two Wet Sound Rev 10s w/ 1000w amp between them. They can get outlandishly loud and I love it. Keep in mind I'm using the Moomba factory head unit. The only issue, I would like to be able to turn down the interior speakers and put more into the tower. My goal is to be able to hear the tunes while riding without blasting out everyone in the boat. Or worse yet, getting over zealous and blowing an interior speaker when the tower has plenty more. Any ideas on what I can do with my current setup to make this happen without additional equipment?

You should be able to use the zone control on the factory head unit. I beleive if you push the volume button inwards it will bring up two bar graphs. Which will be for zone 1 and zone 2

2016 Moomba Craz
    Gunmetal W/ flake
    Atomic Orange Accent
    Black Deck and Hull

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeGuy View Post
    You should be able to use the zone control on the factory head unit. I beleive if you push the volume button inwards it will bring up two bar graphs. Which will be for zone 1 and zone 2
    I appreciate that. I'll give it a shot next time I get to play with it.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Default Stereo Output Modification

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    I appreciate that. I'll give it a shot next time I get to play with it.
    As long as they ran an rca cable to the head unit from the new amp your golden.
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

honestly, having a wetsounds zone controller (WS420SQ) is the best solution. it gives you a seperate eq that controls the towers seperate from the cabins. likewise, you'd have knobs for controlling the towers/cabins/sub seperately. and a master volume control too. it also gives you an additional input and the ability to link up to others so you both can play the same music at the same time (with a long 3.5mm cable). I have had one on both my boats and it's the heart of my system.

The ability to quickly and easily change the tower volume vs the cabins is a huge benefit, especially when it's easy enough that anyone can figure it out while driving. I wouldn't want to go back to clicking through menus on a head unit to do the fading like suggested above. It's some of the best audio system money I've spent.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Fusion head-unit? If so, which model?

What Trayson said or I use one of these but it only turns down the bass if its input is bridged from one of the other amps.
    It is tiny, mounts about anywhere (in dash also) and is easy to use. I liked it for all of these reasons. I found sometimes when you need to switch sound or kill it completely you have to do it fast. This is easy to find and to use. Not as flexible as what Trason mentioned but simple.

[img]http://cdn.overtons.com/product/873/873354_L1.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=450px:*[/img]
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    What Trayson said or I use one of these but it only turns down the bass if its input is bridged from one of the other amps.
    It is tiny, mounts about anywhere (in dash also) and is easy to use. I liked it for all of these reasons. I found sometimes when you need to switch sound or kill it completely you have to do it fast. This is easy to find and to use. Not as flexible as what Trason mentioned but simple.

[img]http://cdn.overtons.com/product/873/873354_L1.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=450px:*[/img]
    Yeah, I've got one of the exile branded dual zone fader kits laying around. $30 shipped for anyone that wants it. Brand new.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

but it only turns down the bass
    That roswell or other line level POT is only a passive controller thats a variable resister with no bias toward hi-pass, low-pass or full pass, bass or treble. It simply goes inline between the source unit and amp and cuts the signal. If its only turning down the bass, its due to how its hooked up or how the amp is setup. It can control the volume to any aftermarket amp with RCA inputs, regardless of the type of speaker its driving.

The WS-420 is a great product for this application and I expect the new WS-220 to be just ass applicable for those wanting zone control. https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-220BT.html

Another option is the Kicker ZXM-RLC marine dual zone controller and line driver. 2 simple knobs for 2 zone control, can be surface or panel mounted, no long RCA runs and provides a 9V line level signal. http://www.kicker.com/10ZXMRLC

Still curious as to which head-unit, This may have some impact on the best route to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The WS-420 is a great product for this application and I expect the new WS-220 to be just ass applicable for those wanting zone control. https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-220BT.html
    Cool that they're coming up with new options. Kind of a hybrid unit for people that only care about zone control and don't want/need the ability to do equalization on the fly. Also interesting that they went with 4 zones. I'm thinking Sub, Towers, main cabins, and Bow speakers is the most logical.

Plus built in BT is legit. I am really curious to see where this is going to land as far as price point. I would think either between the 420SQ and the 420BT or maybe even same price as the 420SQ? (drop EQ, add BT). Not sure how it'll shake out, but I'm curious. Good option for many people right there.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com