Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wake Plate Issue

I noticed this weekend while surfing that every once in a while my wake plate would get stuck in the down position. At first I thought my buddy that was driving just wasnt throttling up enough to get past the speed set point where it is supposed to auto retract but it happened again later in the day while I was driving. When it gets stuck neither the auto retract or manually hitting the switch will make it budge but if I shut off the boat it seems to reset and will start working properly again.

Any thoughts? It is still under warranty but I would like to avoid a trip to the dealer if at all possible. I searched and found a few threads of wake plate issues on 2013 and older models but I would have hoped they would have implemented a fix by 2015.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

We have some craz owners with the same issue.

2016 Moomba Craz
    Gunmetal W/ flake
    Atomic Orange Accent
    Black Deck and Hull

Default Wake Plate Issue

I had an issue on my 15 mondo. Here's my conclusion on when it happened...
    If boat was off and started it to surf filled up bags and immediately started to surf not getting over surf speed the wake plate would stay in the down position. (Very annoying). Sometimes shutting the boat off and on would fix it but not always.

I found that if I was going above surf speed without shutting the boat off it would work fine.

Then I found out that if it didn't work I would have to take off cruise control and go like 15mph till it would work again then back down to surf speed and all was well.

I let the dealer know but of course they said it was working fine. Not sure if it was a firmware update to the cpu or what but ever since I had them look at it it hasn't happened again.

Very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I've noticed some issues as well, but I assumed it had something to do with the memory. Example:

- Right after launching, I put the wakeplate 100% down for riding out to the spot we're going to surf/wakeboard
    - Ride to location
    - Fill ballast and get first person set up for riding
    - Set cruise and take off

Once we get to XXmph, the wakeplate goes to 100% because that's what it "remembers."

Is this the issue you guys are referring to, or is the wakeplate simply not working?

Have you seen this thread - https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....atic-Wakeplate
    2016 Craz

Per the thread 07STI linked...

"If your speed control is off, then the plate re-sets to a 50% deflection when the boat accelerates faster than 15 mph.
    If your speed control is on, then the plate re-sets to a 50% delfection when you accelerate past 50% of your SET speed."

It sounds like for some reason every once in a while the system thinks the cruise control is off even though it is actually on so it is waiting until it sees 15 mph to adjust the plate to its memory position and give back manual control. Since we don't ever break 15mph when surfing it just stays locked all the way down in the "launch" position.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

since this is popping up in multiple places, I'll post the same reply:

I'm not sure how the “smartplate” works was explained particularly well. If you are manually adjusting the plate to 100%, then it will stay at 100% when you get back up to speed. In other words, the system remembers where you adjusted it to and will return the plate to that position. I think that may be the case for some, but I don’t think that is the issue for everyone. If manually adjusting the plate doesn’t fix it, then it is probably a software issue.

The problem with software issues are that if you can’t duplicate them, you can’t fix them. You/the dealer/SC have to make the system fail every time so a software fix can be developed. My guess is that something is happening where the system/software is sending the plate to one location (s designed) at the same time that you're sending the plate to a different location. If that were the case, then the software may be getting confused, shutting down and tripping the internal breaker in the PDM. The PDM has internal protection as well as being externally protected with the 50amp breaker. If the PDM thinks there is an issue, then it will trip internally and resetting the ignition would reset that breaker. Since it appears most of the time these systems are working by keying off, then on, I am assuming this is a false issue because it doesn’t appear the main 50amp breaker is tripping.

I am having the same issue as above. I cannot find there has been a fix developed. Has anyone has this problem and had it resolved? how? This is a real big deal since the down position lowers the wake too much to the point it looses most of its push.
    I would like to keep this thread alive since it appears to not be an isolated problem. SC, please provide a fix that does not involving, shutting off and on to reset in hopes that it'll work.!
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Mine did it again tonight after stopping to pick up a rider. A bit frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Wake Plate Issue

For those having this issue, do you always start the boat after it has gone through its full boot up routine, or are you cutting that short?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    For those having this issue, do you always start the boat after it has gone through its full boot up routine, or are you cutting that short?
    Woody - Do you mean turning the key to initiate the digital display to let everything cycle up first before cranking the engine? I ask because I generally just fire everything up at once, but it sounds like I may need to alter my starting procedure....