Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portland travel

Default Portland travel

Hey, so it seems like a lot of you are from the Portland area. I'm here for a couple days this week and will be back for a few days every month for the next year. Just looking for suggestions of things to do/places to go, restaurants to try, etc. I'll be in the Pearl district as that is where our project is so bonus if it is close to that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Hey, so it seems like a lot of you are from the Portland area. I'm here for a couple days this week and will be back for a few days every month for the next year. Just looking for suggestions of things to do/places to go, restaurants to try, etc. I'll be in the Pearl district as that is where our project is so bonus if it is close to that. Thanks!

what kind of things are you interested in? more brewpub stuff or swangy happy hour places? I do a TON of happy hours in PDX and have a long list of my fav spots.
    the view from Pittock Mansion is cool. Head over to Crown Point on your way to Multnomah Falls.

There's a lot of us that are out on the river all the time with our boats. You're more than welcome to tag along with me anytime. Always have room for Moomba friends.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Make sure you try some Deschutes:

https://www.deschutesbrewery.com
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Portland travel

First place we went was their tap house. Chainbreaker IPA is fantastic. Gonna check out 10 barrel tonight. Mostly looking for places to chill and drink after a day at work.

And I appreciate the offer to get out on the water. I didn't bring my shorts this time but maybe In the future, although I don't know how I'll get to where you ride since we don't rent a car...

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    First place we went was their tap house. Chainbreaker IPA is fantastic. Gonna check out 10 barrel tonight. Mostly looking for places to chill and drink after a day at work.

And I appreciate the offer to get out on the water. I didn't bring my shorts this time but maybe In the future, although I don't know how I'll get to where you ride since we don't rent a car...

No problem. Uber and Lyft are great in PDX. so that's easy enough. Although I wouldn't suggest fighting rush hour traffic so a weekday might be tough.

Bartini has a great happy hour. Portland City Grill has a fantastic happy hour and one of the best views in PDX. Bridgeport Brewing is over by you and has really generous happy hour portions. On Deck Sportsbar has some really nice outdoor seating. Departure over by Pioneer Square has a sweet rooftop balcony. And the list goes on and on...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    No problem. Uber and Lyft are great in PDX. so that's easy enough. Although I wouldn't suggest fighting rush hour traffic so a weekday might be tough.

Bartini has a great happy hour. Portland City Grill has a fantastic happy hour and one of the best views in PDX. Bridgeport Brewing is over by you and has really generous happy hour portions. On Deck Sportsbar has some really nice outdoor seating. Departure over by Pioneer Square has a sweet rooftop balcony. And the list goes on and on...
    Sounds like you swallowed a city guide book
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Also know that 10 Barrel sold out to Anheiser Busch and shunned by the many of the micro brew enthusiasts.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Sounds like you swallowed a city guide book
    These are just the places we frequent and have personal experience with. My wife and I like our Happy Hours.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Portland travel

Yes I did hear that AB bought them. We are mainly going there for the rooftop patio because the building we are putting up also has a rooftop patio. It's a recon mission.

Tray, I'll only be here on weekdays so that may not work out, but I do appreciate the offer. And thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check out the ones you list. Went to Bridgeport for dinner, their pizza was really good.

Ecliptic Brewing and Widmer brewing are my favorites. John Harris started Ecliptic after leaving McMenamins and Deschutes where he created the recipes for mirror pond, jubelale, obsidian stout, and black butte porter.
    And I just love Widmer hefeweizen. When I travel I'll forget I'm not on the left coast and ask for a hefe much to the servers confusion.
    -Jake