Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New head unit suggestions?

Anyone have any suggestions? Turns out my stock Sony is toast. Moomba is going to replace under warranty but I am thinking of possibly upgrading it at the time. I bought the Sirius unit but is there a head deck that INCLUDES a sirius receiver so I don't have to have the other unit hanging around?

Anything else I wanna have? I'd like to spend 300$ max if I can.

Thanks!
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Also ... just talked to my audio guy and he said that the stock remote won't work with a new deck. Anyone have any experience with those and know of any that will work?

Thanks guys

Got my answer on the sirius as well ... so just really need to know about this remote thing.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Quote Originally Posted by blackcup View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions? Turns out my stock Sony is toast. Moomba is going to replace under warranty but I am thinking of possibly upgrading it at the time. I bought the Sirius unit but is there a head deck that INCLUDES a sirius receiver so I don't have to have the other unit hanging around?

Anything else I wanna have? I'd like to spend 300$ max if I can.

Thanks!
    What model head unit and what model remotes is it and what feature would you consider to be an upgrade?

Of the top of my head, I do not know of any units that have integrated SAT. however, most unit built in the last 4 years, all use the same universal protocol. Good chance the SAT receiver you just bought will work on the next new head unit.

Yep I originally bought the Sirius standalone kit ... but swapped it today for the SXV300 which I was told will plug into any newer head unit. So I am good on the Sirius side of things.

I am not sure as the boat is in getting the autoflow 2.0 installed. It is the stock Sony head unit/remote from a 2014 Mojo (if that helps). The only things that I really need/want are USB and Bluetooth.
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

Well, it plugs into any newer SAT ready head-unit, but not every unit case its new. Still needs to be a SAT ready unit. Is the head unit a more standard rectangle or more square with a round LCD screen?

Yes standard rectangular size
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

if you find a good sony unitwith BT that uses the existing remotes let me know
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

lots of Kenwood HU's out there that might use our existing remotes (if yours is a stock Kenwood):

KMR-D562BT, KMR-D362BT & KMR-M308BT.

What I wanna know is why does it seem like all head units are 50w x 4 maximum output power & 22w x 4 full band with power?

Doesn't a head unit that puts out more wattage, gonna play louder and a bit better?

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    if you find a good sony unitwith BT that uses the existing remotes let me know
    Sony MEM70BT supports the non display RM-X11M remote and i think it also supports the older RM-X60M LCD remote.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzyel2162 View Post
    lots of Kenwood HU's out there that might use our existing remotes (if yours is a stock Kenwood):

KMR-D562BT, KMR-D362BT & KMR-M308BT.

What I wanna know is why does it seem like all head units are 50w x 4 maximum output power & 22w x 4 full band with power?

Doesn't a head unit that puts out more wattage, gonna play louder and a bit better?
    Those numbers are unrealistic marketing numbers. A typical head-unit usually delivers between 15-18 watts rms.

Ye, more wattage does me louder, but it take way more wattage to make an audible difference in volume. This is one reason why an external amp is better than head-unit power.