Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Repairs are coming along, slowly though. Mostly weather related, my incentive to work on a boat while wearing a snorkel or risking a lightning strike is low.

I also found that the entire engine wiring harness will need to be rebuilt due to the wires wicking salt water up them and corroding. Hooray...

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Mine came from salt too. There is quite a bit work to chase gremlins etc. She will be fresh from now on for me.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Harness is rebuilt, what a mess. I had to replace the relay, all the supply and ground wires, the tach wire, fuel pump supply wire, and rewrap everything. But it starts and idles happy with the new carb. Still lots left to fix but its a big step with how busy I have been.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)

Well it was nice while it lasted... We got the boat out of the water and onto the super sketchy trailer that came with it. Wrapped up some other wiring issues with the stereo and replaced the (new) started after it basically caught fire. Took the boat to the ramp and locked the motor up while idling on the trailer...

Turns out that the carb got some crap in it and both the floats stuck open flooding the number 3 and 4 cylinders. No damage except for the carpet (which I have ruined anyways fixing all this garbage) Pull the plugs, doused the interior in water, pulled the ignition power feed and cranked it over until it finished barfing gas.

Hopefully cleaning all that crap out and riding soon, I am starting to shrivel up from being out of the water for so long.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)

Pulled the carb out on saturday and found that my "new remanufacture" carb was full of shit and had a hole in the drivers side float... weirdly enough the vatozone near my house had new replacement Edelbrock floats on the shelf. The boat ran decent after fixing it but started to bog a little at high rpms towards the end of the day. I think this is partly due to the fact that the exhaust risers leak, the exhaust down tubes leak, and both mufflers leak which can smoke out a motor. I think that it is also partly due to the stock ignition never having been cleaned, checked, or replaced in the 350hrs the boat has on it. That being said, a new MSD Pro-billet HEI marine distributor, MSD Dual plug marine coil, and new plug wires are all on the way now. The steering cable is getting replaced this week, and I am looking for a nice stainless prop to run.

Does anyone know off the top of your head what the muffler specs/size are and what diameter the riser outlets are on a stock Indmar Assault are?

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)

I believe on an 08 DD Assault 325 it is 3.5" at the riser and muffler inlet, 3" on outlet. I am using a stainless straight pipe made by FAE. I hated that leaking crap. With water cooling they dont get very hot.
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection