Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Made a custom Wake Plate Extension for Goofy Riders

As always I am looking for ways to improve my Goofy wave, wife rides goofy and it seems more and more of my crew does as well.

Anyone who owns a Moomba and rides Goofy knows how sensitive the wave can be. It will wash out really easy, its short compared to Regular, and No one can sit on the Offset side <port> in the boat with out messing up the wave.

I made a little wake plate extension. This only works on the Goofy side, the reason is, the prop rotation throws wash on the goofy side. This plate does not effect Regular at all.

I have only made Rev 1 of this plate, I am going to remove it this week, trim off the extra that hangs back from the factory plate, also I need to bend it up slightly more. I used .190 aluminum which I now know is over kill, this stuff is strong, and very hard to bend. I would suggest using 1/4" stock.

The length is 24x12 but it looks like I am going to trim 3 inches off and make it 24x9. I used 4 stainless bolts, lock washers, and nylon lock nuts to hold it on.

Like I said rev 1.

Testing. Ballast is all the same in all 3 videos. I had a video from LBC last year I wanted to use but its on a SD card at home and I wanted to get this idea out.

Ballast 1500 Star, Nothing on Offset, 500 center, 650 IBS, 400 on Bow seat driver side.

1st Video. No one on the Offset Side.
    You can see how the Flow is tossing Wash over on the wave, also you can see how the wave just isn't super clean. Harder to tell with a rider in the wave but the wave is also Shorter.

This is a short Video, showing you we have several people sitting on the Offset side. We are NOT running Flow just regular Ballast weight listed above but we do have 10 people in the boat.

Last Video is the longest but shows the wave now with Flow engaged at the 2 setting. Wave is longer as you can see she is getting back in the wave.
    I have more testing to do, more ballast configs to test to find the perfect mix now.

But as you can see the wave is very clean now and we can allow people to sit where ever they want.

I have a video I shot at Hagg last week showing 4 adults sitting on the Port Side, 1 guy in the middle, and only me and a 130lb girl sitting on Goofy and the wave was just as clean.

Here is the Regular wave for comparison, rope is the same length even though it looks like he is slightly farther back, I think the difference is this is a Go Pro Video VS the ones with Claudia are off my phone.

Here are the pics, Simple yet very effective I think.

Only covers half the wake plate. White is a protective film I didn't remove yet.

This is why I need Rev two, plate needs to be bent upward a little more to match Hull curve.

I think Millerda68 is going to make one on his LSV as well, so it will be interesting to see how it works on his hull as well.
    Last edited by mmandley; 07-09-2015 at 01:06 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Interested

As I surf goofy I am very interested. Anyone up for a little education on how the prop wash effects the wave and how something like this the wave.

Fun to see peoples ideas.

Thanks
    Foster
    2014 Mojo w/manual surf

2004 Mobius LSV-sold

Great that you've moved forward on this. I bet you had some cool friends encouraging you to do this, huh?

It's called an A-Plate (asymmetrical plate) and it's what Centurion has been doing on their boats to counteract propwash. Lots of threads on this at the Centurion Crew. Lots of success over there.

Good job Mike.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

def interested in this ... 80% of our crew rides goofy. I have always found the wave to be great but theres always room for improvement
    2014 Black/White Mojo
    345HP Surf Motor
    1235 Prop
    Autoflow 2.0 Upgrade
    1100# FlyHigh Rears
    650# IBS
    4 x Exile SXT9q's w/ Exile 30.2 amp and Exile ZLD controller
    Exile Javelin Amp
    10" Rockford sub

" I used .190 aluminum which I now know is over kill, this stuff is strong, and very hard to bend. I would suggest using 1/4" stock. "

Do you mean 1/8" stock as 1/4" is gonna be thicker than what you used?
    Rusty

2013 Mojo

I find my goofy side is cleaner than my normal size but I'm interested in if this will effect the depth of the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
    " I used .190 aluminum which I now know is over kill, this stuff is strong, and very hard to bend. I would suggest using 1/4" stock. "

Do you mean 1/8" stock as 1/4" is gonna be thicker than what you used?
    Yes you are correct, 1/8th would be my next choice.

I did use Centurion as my idea platform.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It sucks to be goofy, glad I found this thread.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Very interesting....

Oddly, my goofy wave is probably better than my regular wave. Not a bad thing since most of my crew, wife included, ride goofy. My regular wave tends to wash out way more than my goofy wave.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron