Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So Mike, since you have XM9s, remove the grill, drop a tape measure down into the bezel and take an accurate measurement from the surround peak (center) on one side to the surround peak (center) on the other side. You find a diameter of just a hair less than 7". That's the only number that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea I move to your local area and theft rises on the brand I already have lol

Sorry to hear about the loss of equipment man.

Looks like your going to have to upgrade either way you go as exile doesn't sell xm7s any longer.

I have to say it still makes me laugh each time I hear someone say the XM9s are really closer to an 8.

If you remove the Exile grill and measure the speaker, it's less then 9, I think it's closer to 8.75 or something like that.
    But guess what, remove the grill on the speakers your comparing this too, and they measure .25 under what they claim to be as well.

No different then measuring the 6.5 mid bass and guess what, it's not actually 6.5 either.
    Not trying to start an argument but let's be honest and not make such assumptions.
    Not making any assumption. Hows this for accuracy? Rev-8 and xm9. Both are an 8" speaker with the xm-9 only being slightly larger than the rev-8. Again, both are an 8" speaker. The xm9 is in no way shape or form, a 9" speaker. Where you and your info supplier are incorrect, is comparing the OD of the basket and taking it as the rule. What is pictured below, is what counts in terms of output and you see how close they are. These two dimensions is what puts BOTH these speakers in the 8" speaker group.

Default Mandley Moves to the South and My Exile Speakers Get Stolen

Well that solves it! Never buy wet sounds again. That exile dwarfs it! GO TEAM EXILE. Got Tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Sorry guys. Just couldn't help myself. This discussion never gets old. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Well since you got your peter meter and camera out - how about shooting some pix to show the difference in the quick mounting clamps....which is the original object of this thread.

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

I ve had both and not bashing any brand but the wetsounds swivel is greatly to superior to exiles quick disconnect. Hence the price alone on the wetsounds is 299.99 for just clamps. The connections and options for rgb leds and such effect the price but in general the design and function is the best. Again not bashing the exile works great just not like the wetsounds does. They both are good products just having had both I like the wetsounds clamp, wiring connection system better
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Wetsounds 6 pin connector previously mentioned ...

Wetsounds has a pretty good example on their website. Here is the tube tower from their site ..

https://wetsounds.com/media/products...nimation03.gif

Check out their website

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That's a great photo and video of the Wetsounds collar components. I'm not sure it tells the whole story.
    Before I was in the audio industry, now retired for 3 years, I was a draftsman for electronic, pneumatic & hydraulic control systems for GM production lines. Not me, but the firm I worked for, did mechanical design work for many other huge industry leaders. So I was exposed to a lot of amazing engineering from military to aircraft to automotive, etc.
    When I first saw the Wetsounds collar I was absolutely impressed. I knew instantly that they had paid through the nose for the design work and tooling that went into their collar. Here a few of the inherent benefits.
    The electrical connectors make 100% surface contact just like a professional Speakon or Neutrik disconnect. Like the ones you would see on the floor of a huge concert production. Less resistance, less corrosion and more current transfer. Another great benefit is that the connector fittings are completely serviceable and replaceable on both the speaker and collar side. So if some extremely careless and clumsy person jams things together and creates damage to the contacts the fix is easy and super cheap.
    With the stainless steel fork and nylon retainer this is the safest collar in existence. Does it take a few extra seconds to R&R? Sure, using an allen wrench versus a thumb bolt obviously takes a few extra seconds. But it swivels, disconnects and does everything it needs to do without risk of failure, and without erosion of the contacts from vibration-induced wear.
    Does it cost more than other options? Sure. It should cost more based on the extra quality and value that it delivers.

Just for fun, I measured the Rev-11, its basket OD is 10-1/8.

CVS or Walgreens. I just cannot decide who to buy my Vaseline from?
    Exile or Wet Sounds. Buy what you like and like what you buy.
    Last edited by russellsmojo; 04-19-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    2017 Supra SA