Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2014 mondo with manual flow.....would a ghetto gate help?

So I am just wondering if I can help my surf with an easy mod? Has anyone compared the manual flow to a ghetto gate on a mondo? Also I'm running a stock prop, is there a benefit to other ones ?
    2014 mondo
    Old- 2010 Campion chase

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    So I am just wondering if I can help my surf with an easy mod? Has anyone compared the manual flow to a ghetto gate on a mondo? Also I'm running a stock prop, is there a benefit to other ones ?
    I have the manual flow. Best thing I did was increase ballast bags. 900 in the rear lockers and 750 IBS. If you don't already have the flow a gate would save you money but I have never used one on my boat. If I did not already have the flow I would install one of the auto systems.
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JD14Mondo View Post
    I have the manual flow. Best thing I did was increase ballast bags. 900 in the rear lockers and 750 IBS. If you don't already have the flow a gate would save you money but I have never used one on my boat. If I did not already have the flow I would install one of the auto systems.
    I have the flow already. I have 750's in the back. And use the stock 400's ......1 on the surf side rear seat and the other on the bow surf side seat as well. I was just seeing if there was some improvement without buying the auto flow.
    2014 mondo
    Old- 2010 Campion chase

I found the mondo with manual flow and your ballast setup to be a very good surf wake, why are you trying to upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

I'm one biscuit shy of 300lbs....I could use more push from my surf. I'm using a phase 5 board....the guys who sold it to me said its as big as they come.
    2014 mondo
    Old- 2010 Campion chase

Not sure what you have, but this might be something to consider

http://phase5boards.com/boards/2016-kong-surf/

Ya I will look into it for sure....I have a trident board right now. Thanks
    2014 mondo
    Old- 2010 Campion chase

Buckshot - check out the Phase 5 Rio I posted in the classifieds. Might be an interesting alternative.

Thanks wolfeman, that model is rated for about the same weight as the trident I have already. I'm going to look for something bigger.
    2014 mondo
    Old- 2010 Campion chase

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Thanks wolfeman, that model is rated for about the same weight as the trident I have already. I'm going to look for something bigger.
    I don't know your weight but for myself, I was 300 for a few years and nothing under a 5.0 board would feel right.

I really like Phase 5 boards but for me only 5.0 light weight, foam core boards worked to surf on. Also a well dialed in wave. Your Mondo with the Flow should have MORE then enough wave to surf on if weighted properly.

Also No a ghetto gate will now work with Manual Flow because they are working in the same spot as one another. You can only use one or the other.

Lets work on your weight set up, and then you can decide if you need another board.
    I have found if you goto a place that sells wake surf boards, you explain your issue and you are trying to find the right board, they will send a sales guy out with boards on your boat for a couple hours, or you purchase the board and can return it if you don't like it same or next day as long as no damage to the board has been done.

This might be a better route to go then just picking a board we all recommend.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]