Default Fuel Issues / Carb Issues?

I own a 99 Outback LS with the 5.7L Carb Indmar motor. The first 3 times I went out this summer, boat ran great, no starting problem, no idle issues under load. Now, went camping for the 4th, immediately off the trailer I noticed the fuel pressure gauge, that I added, was at 0 but I could hear the fuel pump working. So I did the normal startup procedure, blower for 2 minutes, 3-4 pumps of the accelerator and the boat started and ran, then I put the throttle a 1/4 way down for higher rev and lifted the motor cover to see the gas pressure gauge was still at 0, but the boat was still running. Then I just thought the gauge was broken, but as soon as I moved into idle and tried to back off the trailer, it died. So I continued to crank same procedure boat started and I switched into reverse quickly and it stayed running, and off I went. From there on, it ran fine, then the next day, started fine, but left me stranded out in the middle, once again no fuel. I pumped the accelerator only to see nothing in the carb, then all of a sudden after pumping..., gas again and it ran fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I need a new fuel pump and oil sending sensor on the back of the motor. Where can I order these parts?
    Jonathan And Andrea Smith

Default Replying to Topic 'Fuel Issues / Carb Issues?'

Sounds like a bad fuel pump,,,, Did you consider replacing the fuel filter first?

Try skidim.com for the parts.

Good luck, E