Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect pass

Default Perfect pass

Has anyone dealt with or heard of the digital screen of their perfect pass going out? System still works fine you just can't see it. Dealership called skier's choice and perfect pass today and was told they don't have any of that model left (08 LSV) so I would have to get a whole new computer and display for 650 plus labor! Please help if you can, thanks

Same thing happened to my Supra. Same price it seems like. I opted out.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

sometimes you'll find used PP displays on Ebay... might be worth a shot.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

You can possibly find a used display on ebay but you need to make sure it's compatable with your control module. I saw one that was listed new for $200 but that was over a year ago. I had the same issue with mine, and I talked to an engineer at perfect pass maybe a year ago or so. The issue as I understood is that for a few years they used a certain circuit board (I think Intel) and it's susceptible to moisture. Have you noticed that once you drive around for a while it comes back? That's what mine did. When moisture collected on the board, especially overnight while very humid, it causes the screen to dim. They realized the issue and changed circuit boards (09 maybe?) and the issue went away. Unfortunately, they had to design a new module for the new board so the previous module is no longer usable with your screen. You're not just paying for the screen, you're paying for the module also (black box). You can replace just the screen, but eventually, if not quickly, the same issue will happen.

Here's a couple possible solutions, or at least deterrents:

-Spray silicone on the circuit board from the back side of the screen unit. This was what perfect pass recommended to me. If you do this often, when it's definitely dry, it should help prevent moisture buildup. Don't do it when "wet" as you may just trap in moisture.
    -Put silica gel packs (that come in new shoes, jacket pockets, etc) in the back side of the screen unit. Try to squish them through the holes.

The good news is that to my understanding you can upgrade to the stargazer system pretty reasonably if you want (maybe $800?), and you can install it yourself. I'm assuming your system is mechanical since it's having this issue. You should talk to them about that. The other good news is it's very simple to pull out the old system and install the stargazer yourself. Do not pay for labor, as they will give you instructions and a somewhat mechanically inclined person should be able to handle it. I speak from experience as I have done all of this on an 06 LSV due to the same issue.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Oh, or the other solution is memorize how to get to your wakeboard setting and surf setting, then adjust speed as necessary! That's what I did at first!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Would this help at all? Not sure if he still has it but my buddy was offering this at $400
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

That is very good info Wax! thanks so much for the input!

What year is that one he is selling? I hate to ask but im assuming in whats in good working order when he decided to get rid of it? Thanks

He used to own a 2007 Supra I think, sold it and picked up a 02 Super Air from a buddy a year later. From what I got he just found it cleaning out the garage when bringing the 02 home. I'll see if I can find a year on it...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Thanks, I would be a little nervous to buy without knowing it was in great working order.