Default Will 8" speakers fit in factory 2016 Mojo locations?

I am gathering up my stereo install for when my 2016 Mojo arrives.

I am interested in seeing if the Wet SOunds 8" speakers will fit in the factory locations on the Mojo? 6 speakers total. 2 in bow and 4 in cabin

I understand some cutting may be necessary to enlarge the holes, but is there enough room to do that?

Thanks
    2016 Mojo (HERE!!!!!)
    2007 Supra Launch 22 SSV Limited
    1990 MasterCraft Tri Star
    1997 Crownline 180BR

Here are their 6.5's. Good luck on the 8's .......

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There is my answer!

Thanks
    2016 Mojo (HERE!!!!!)
    1997 Crownline 180BR

Default Will 8" speakers fit in factory 2016 Mojo locations?

I saw your other thread on wakeworld in regards to 410 vs 10s vs 3some. The stock boat I was looking at had the aviator tower. Pic attached.

I wanted dual 410s so I did some deep looking. The cross members, along with limited straight width made it seem like it would have to be the perfect scenario to fit 410s.

Not saying it isn't possible but warning you to really measure before ordering.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The OEM speaker, as well as the XS-650 above, is right at 7" OD and the Wet Sounds 808 is nearly 9" OD. Then there's the depth. The 808 is a deep speaker. I think the answer is going to be no, without some significant modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzak View Post
    I am gathering up my stereo install for when my 2016 Mojo arrives.

I am interested in seeing if the Wet SOunds 8" speakers will fit in the factory locations on the Mojo? 6 speakers total. 2 in bow and 4 in cabin

I understand some cutting may be necessary to enlarge the holes, but is there enough room to do that?

Thanks
    You could definitely make very custom and very expensive adapters to fit 8" coaxials. But the speakers acoustic view into the gunnel cavities would remain close to the same and I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble and expense. The speakers would stand out farther and I don't think I'd like the appearance. But there are other things you can do by maintaining 6.5" speakers. Like making the existing mounting surfaces far more rigid. Or finding a way to place a third pair of coaxials forward in the cockpit. This would increase surface area within the cockpit and change the soundstage for the driver. And nothing says you need two speakers to accomplish this. One strategically located speaker that is correctly summed to mono can do the job.

All, Great info. Thanks
    2016 Mojo (HERE!!!!!)
    1997 Crownline 180BR