Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Removing Upholstery Stains'

tnboarder, my girlfriend made sandwiches for the kids and put their names on the ziplock bags to id whose they were. Well she used a sharpie to put the names on. Needless to say I pick up a empty ziplock and I see my sons name in the vinyl that had bleed off the bag.

I used some babes seat soap and it helped somewhat. Then magic eraser and a little more. Then heck with it and enjoy the boat. Long story short, a month later of sitting in the sun when we are out at the lake you can no longer see it. The sun bleached it out.

db

The only problem is mine are between the cushions which do not get much sun. I thought the same thing about maybe with the water in there over time it will take care of itself. I am meticulous about cleaning my boat and it's frustrating having a month old boat with stains all over the cushions. I will never depend on someone else to take care of my boat again.

You can usually find either or at any given marine center.

and some more links

http://204.202.239.40/index.php?cPat...Marine+Outlets

http://www.303products.com/store/index.cfm

Originally posted by TN_Boarder
    The only problem is mine are between the cushions which do not get much sun. I thought the same thing about maybe with the water in there over time it will take care of itself. I am meticulous about cleaning my boat and it's frustrating having a month old boat with stains all over the cushions. I will never depend on someone else to take care of my boat again.
    I let mine sit out one afternoon, about 3 weeks after we got it, to dry out (sun is so much better than anything man can achieve).

Well, had 3 little spots where some form of pollen had fallen. Mustard looking stains. The ones in the back were redyed by dealer, the one up front they tried to fix, but, didnt work so well. Its between the upright bow piece and the front bow cushion. No one else can see, but "I know its there".

I feel your pain...

I have not used the 303 cleaner, only the protectant. I can tell you that I had cleaned my old boat top to bottom for sale. I tried everythig to get it as clean as possible for potential customers. After about 2 months, I had to go back and do it again - by this time, I had my new boat, and the reccomendation of spray nine - I used it on the old boat, and stains that had been there for years just melted away! It eats them. Pretty amazing stuff !

THANKS BOB & ROB!

-Joe

Hi Andy, if you remember the name of that stuff, let me know. I have a few stain/discolored spots I can't get clean.

Thanks,

I will be heading up to the camp next week and will check it out and get back to you.

Andy

I can now attest to the Marine Nine being able to get Acai Juice stains out (off the vinyl and the stiching) - that stuff is VERY purple !

Had a friend come out mid day (101 degrees) and bring fresh smoothies... yummy !!! - but bad for the boat. Gotta love this stuff.

-Joe

I am writing this from my boat! It seems one of my neighbors has left their wireless network wide open and I have broadband access from out on the lake. Way cool that I can VPN into work and get stuff done while floating in the boat. If only they made brighter LCD screens that I could see better in the sun. Anyways, I prommised somebody I would tell them the best stuff I found to remove mildew stains. It is from a company called IOSSO and is called Mold and Mildew Stain Remover. It comes in a powder form that you mix with water. Use it with a Magic Eraser and it worked wonders on my boat. I got it from a canvas awning shop. Here is a link I found on Google.

http://www.popuptrailercanvas.com/Ca...rs/Default.htm

Andy

Funny, (or not so much) I have those same friggin stains ... front bow cushion between the hull and the seat chushion little greenish yellow spots. they drive me bonkers. Ive tryed the marine spraynine...no luck, Im gonna try the magic eraser and see if that makes a difference. I was also told when I bought the boat that I should be careful because suntan lotion or sunscreen can discolour the upholstery.
    Has anyone experienced this I always make people put towels between themselves and the cushions!
    2005 Moomba Outback