My family convinced me to leave the cover off of the boat this weekend to let it "air out" while we were camping. I had to leave the boat with the in-laws last week, and the cover got some mildew on it. I'm not sure if the boat was parked wet in the shade or what because I didn't drop it off or pick it up. I know that I have not had this problem with it parked in the driveway where it can dry. I bought some Tilex and that seems to remove the mildew from the cover. Does anyone have any suggestions on preventing mildew or removing mildew? Has anyone ever had a problem with certain products damaging the cover? I have purchased the cheapo cover but the in-laws did not have it to put on. The boat will not leave home without it from now on.

Back to the original reason for the post. I did decide to leave the cover off because I didn't want the mildew to continue to spread into the boat. The tree leaves and who knows what else got into the boat. Monday before putting the boat in the water, I had to take about two hours to drive to the car wash and vacuum and clean the carpet because I didn't want all that crap ground into the carpet once I got it full of people. That took so long and delayed me getting on the lake until after 12 so I didn't have time to clean between the cushions. Now I have some nice neon green stains on the upholstery. Some of the stitching is also discolored. Anybody have any good products for cleaning and removing stains from the upholstery and stitching?