Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Replying to Topic 'Removing Upholstery Stains'

Don't waste your time with the "Magic" Erasers. Already tried with no luck.

Its just one of those things... they are there, you cant see them I meticulously inspect them all the time now looking for new stains... you would think there must be a way.
    and i still dont know what they are from
    2005 Moomba Outback

I did figure out what caused mine. The trees at the camp ground we frequent constantly drop these tiny spores that when crushed create a nice neon green stain. I had a bunch of them in the floor of the boat and on the ski platform and I noticed when I picked them up they were very easily smashed into this green stain on my fingers. Luckily I was able to clean all the stains off the carpet but I guess I left the ones on the upholstery a little to long. Moral of the story is, I always put my cover and my cover cover on as soon as we park the boat at the campsite, whether just arriving or coming off the water regardless of what the weather is. I also got the upholstery dealer number from SC and I am going to give them a call about bleaching, recoloring, or replacing the upholstery on the stained cushions and what it would cost. I will keep you posted.

Thanks TN good luck with that maybe you will get lucky and they will have a magic stain remover for you!!

let me know how it turns out

Jay
    2005 Moomba Outback

FYI,
    I wanted to recommend to you a product that has really worked well for me on boat clean up. The product is called "Sharp Shooter" and is made by 3M. When I uncovered my boat after winter I had some mildew in a few places on my seats and the sharpshooter took off the majority of the spots. The few spots that I could still see after cleaning faded and aren't visible anymore. This stuff works good on the seats, hull and dash. I have trouble finding it at anyplace other than my local boat repair shop. They swear by it too. I was told that Academy might carry it but I'm not sure of that. ( If anyone knows where to by the stuff, let me know) I do have a spot on my seat from a life jacket lying on the seat through winter. I have a monster tower and I didn't want to lay it down directly on my seat for winter storage so I left the life jacket between the seat cushion and the tower. Bad idea. Letters from the life jacket faded onto my seat. I need to try the " Magic Erasers" mentioned in the other posts. The Sharp Shooter removed most of the stain but not all.

Good luck, Cliff

Last year after winter I uncovered my boat to find alot of mildew. I took everything out then scrubbed and cleaned the boat out. After cleaning i could still see small traces of mildew. I tried just about every cleaner I could think of. I think magic eraser are awesome, but it didnt work for this job. However they will work for most big jobs. i have used them for multiple applications also. Alot in my house. Anyways, I eventually took my boat to a detail place and asked them to do a test on a spot to see if they could get it out. because i had already did all the hard work in cleaning the boat. I just had some spots that I needed taken care of. Even the stuff they had wouldnt take it out. Last but no least I was at Academy sports store and seen Starbrite mildew stain remover near the marine cleaners. I figured that it couldn't hurt to try. I sprayed all my seats with this spray and rubbed in with my hand. I couldnt believe how great it works. I would highly recommend this stuff.

That Starbrite is on sale right now at Wholesale Marine:

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/STR...n+Remover.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

has any one had issues with the pink or red stains that seem to be permanent i thought i seen something on here once. also did a google search every thing i found seems very inconclusive on wether they come out or not.
    2013 outbackv

Holy thread revival! I have run across the impenetrable bright pink or red stains. It is usually nail polish that rubs off a toenail onto the vinyl. A little nail polish remover (or lacquer thinner if you don't have patience) will take them off.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Years ago it was the spray on lotion or oil. Never figured out which. It had a leg outline on the vinyl. I replaced the section.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD