Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New white REV410 installed

Well, never made it out to the lake this weekend. Forgot it was the first weekend of baseball and volleyball for my wife's 2 kiddos.
    Best laid plans right?!? Plus Conroe is still so cold, and it's been so f$&@ing windy!
    Anywho.. Here y'all go. And before anyone says it looks goofy on top of the tower mounted upside down, understand that everyone in my family is tall. I got really tired of banging heads on the original pro485. Sorry the pic sucks, sun was almost gone after I put all the tools up and I then found out my driveway light burned out. Lol great weekend...
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

BP,
    I'm curious, which amplifier are you using to drive the Rev410?

As of right now, it's got an older image dynamics q450.4 since it was powering a 3some. But it's way underpowered, sounded great on the old speakers, but I can't seem to tune it for the 410. When I get back on Wednesday from my trip I think I'm gonna order a syn2.
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

BP,
    I asked that question for a specific reason. There are very few 2-channels amplifiers that can correctly bridge fullrange or highpass. In the same way, there are very few 4-channel amplifiers that can correctly run a 3-Some. They can accomplish this with a subwoofer but not with a broad range tower speaker. The Image Dynamics Q450.4, regardless of whether it has adequate power, definitely cannot do this correctly without introducing distortion. The Wetsounds SYN2 is the answer. The Wetsounds new SYN-DX2 might be better.

Besides being underpowered (however loud it could make the old 485 scream), why is it not a good amp for a 410? It's a full range, class A/B amp. And you're right about the distortion. It was clear and crisp on the 485 but I can't seem to turn the 410 up without getting distortion in the midbass. I'm was gonna take it to lakeside audio here in Conroe and have them retune it, but if I can't get it close they probly won't make it any better lol...
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Its like running diesel through a gas engine, a tune up wont fix it. The amp internals on the signal side are just not extensive enough. You need the Syn-2 if still in stock or the new DX2.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    Besides being underpowered (however loud it could make the old 485 scream), why is it not a good amp for a 410? It's a full range, class A/B amp. And you're right about the distortion. It was clear and crisp on the 485 but I can't seem to turn the 410 up without getting distortion in the midbass. I'm was gonna take it to lakeside audio here in Conroe and have them retune it, but if I can't get it close they probly won't make it any better lol...
    The topology of that amplifier dictates that you are getting an asymmetrical signal to the speaker in this application. It might have screamed before, but it definitely wasn't sounding as clear as it could, and the output still could have been higher. Either of the Wetsounds amplifiers mentioned will clean this up perfectly.

What do you mean by assymetrical? It's bridged mono on the front outputs.
    Sorry, still learning here with 4 channel amps. Subs are easy...
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400

Outputs are bridged mono but the inputs are not summed.

Makes sense... Thanks guys!
    Overkill is underrated

2017 Supra SA 400