Default 1995 boomerang value

Hi there first post so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot... I have a 1995 boomerang I'm having a hard time selling. It has the ford motor not sure of the exact HP or model it only has 203 hours on it and runs like a champ had it out a few times last summer. Wind shield is broke about 4 inches on each side and it is a bit sun faded but not horrible... I'm wondering what a fair price would be?? I have it listed for 7 which is below book but not getting much lookers... Any input would be great

Thanks

Colton
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would say the market for a ski boat is small. Everyone is into surfing and wakeboarding. Drop prove to 5 and see what happens, I'm sure you'll get some responses.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Ya I immediately was thinking in the 4500 range as a starting point. Maybe 5k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5k is where you should be. that's ball park where my buddy bought his several years ago. his is in very good shape and at that point, they really don't depreciate much anymore.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It's also a very specific buyer. Likely a diehard skier and not a general lake boat. If there are any ski lakes/communities/clubs around you, I'd be sure to advertise there.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Park it where people can see it and park at the boat shows. Some people can only afford something that floats and runs. What it is used for may not be used for which it was designed. A boat can be sold if it floats, you can drink in it and fish in it. A working motor is a selling point.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default 1995 boomerang value

Is this for sale in PNW? Thought I saw it a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I sold my '89 DD a few years ago for a little under $7k. At the time, it was less than any similar comp but it is a small market so my comps were all newer/less hour boats. I did have mostly all new interior (I had previously finished about 2/3 of the interior and gambled that the investment to finish the last bit would repay on the sale). Even at that, I had to wait for a while. I listed it in the spring (May?) and didn't sell until mid-summer. I was willing to wait and turned down offers in the $4-5k range but it would go for long periods without any calls/interest.

Taking out the upholstery cost, I'd say my sale/value was around $6k and I think that was about right. "Book value" really means nothing for older, niche-market boats. A cracked windshield (big bucks for replacement) and aged vinyl are going to reduce your value and I'd say that 200 hours on a '95 is more of a warning flag for me than a selling point, i.e. "has it been sitting out back, neglected for the last 20 years?"

So I think you might be able to get over $5k for it if you're willing to wait but $7k is probably too hopeful.

FWIW, I had it listed on onlyinboards and one other site but I ended up selling it with the "For Sale" sign on a reasonably visible street.
    Last edited by gregski; 04-04-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold