Default Moomba Kaiyen ballast

Just got a 2023 Kaiyen this week and have some questions on the ballast. When I use the factory fill time it fills the rear ballast partially but if you actually fill them completely then they pop the storage trays and sun deck cushions up. Is it worth removing these trays to get the extra weight?
    Second question is regarding “autofill” turning on even when Autowake is off. When I hit cancel on this it doesn’t shut off. Is this by design or a glitch?
    Lastly, when I hit the presets (fill or drain) nothing happens. Is there a way to troubleshoot that?
    Thanks in advance for any insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the first one about the storage bins...the factory bags should not touch them when full. Make sure you bleed the air out of them. There is a cap on top you can loosen to do that. Also make sure the bags are laying in there correctly and not bunched up. There is a hatch in your bin you can remove to do this, but taking the bin out makes it a lot easier.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue17 View Post
    Just got a 2023 Kaiyen this week and have some questions on the ballast. When I use the factory fill time it fills the rear ballast partially but if you actually fill them completely then they pop the storage trays and sun deck cushions up. Is it worth removing these trays to get the extra weight?
    Second question is regarding “autofill” turning on even when Autowake is off. When I hit cancel on this it doesn’t shut off. Is this by design or a glitch?
    Lastly, when I hit the presets (fill or drain) nothing happens. Is there a way to troubleshoot that?
    Thanks in advance for any insights.

HFARR got you with the other info. The last two questions:

- Are your manual switches on?
    -Are you doing this (hitting the presets) when autowake is on? On my Makai , it won't allow manual ballast adjustment when autowake is on. But the last two questions make me think your switches are in a positon other than the middle (not drain or fill) which overrides the screen input.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    On the first one about the storage bins...the factory bags should not touch them when full. Make sure you bleed the air out of them. There is a cap on top you can loosen to do that. Also make sure the bags are laying in there correctly and not bunched up. There is a hatch in your bin you can remove to do this, but taking the bin out makes it a lot easier.

That is extremely helpful, thank you. What is the best way to get the men’s out?

2002 Outback
    2015 Mondo
    2023 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    HFARR got you with the other info. The last two questions:

- Are your manual switches on?
    -Are you doing this (hitting the presets) when autowake is on? On my Makai , it won't allow manual ballast adjustment when autowake is on. But the last two questions make me think your switches are in a positon other than the middle (not drain or fill) which overrides the screen input.
    I keep the manual switches in the neutral position when using the presets. It is possible that autowake was off when I tried to use the presets so maybe that is the problem but I think I have tried it both ways and neither worked.
    I am perplexed why the autofill keeps kicking in when autowake is turned off though. Does this happen on your Makai as well?

2002 Outback
    2015 Mondo
    2023 Kaiyen

I keep the manual switches in the neutral position when using the presets. It is possible that autowake was off when I tried to use the presets so maybe that is the problem but I think I have tried it both ways and neither worked.
    I am perplexed why the autofill keeps kicking in when autowake is turned off though. Does this happen on your Makai as well?

2002 Outback
    2015 Mondo
    2023 Kaiyen
    No, only happens to me if I have the switch(es) to fill (or drain) and I’ve forgotten.

One thing that I couldn’t figure out for a while…if you switch to the auto wake screen using the physical button on the dash, it turns AW on automatically. If you “swipe” to it , it doesn’t. Basically I was using the button and thought it was randomly turning on, but it was working as designed.

2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech

That is extremely helpful, thank you. What is the best way to get the men’s out?

2002 Outback
    2015 Mondo
    2023 Kaiyen
    Just discovered the weird autocorrect on the last one…

What is the best way to get the storage BINS out?

2002 Outback
    2015 Mondo
    2023 Kaiyen

I have never noticed my ballast fill on its on. Only if I am using AutoWake. To get the storage bins out you have to pop the bottom ends of your gas lift tubes off. There is a small plastic cap on them you need to pull straight off first. Usually your fingernails can slip under it. Might have to slightly hold the rod to relieve pressure on the clip to get it out.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Circling back on the second part of your original question. It is a setting, it turned mine off last time out. If you have the ballast set at 100%, it's going to add water any time it thinks it's slipping below 100%. Go into vessel/ballast settings and you can turn that off.
    2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech