Thread: Boat lift bunk

Default Boat lift bunk

Looking to replace bunk boards on my lift i just bought. It previously had 2x6, but wanted to get input on different sizes to clear the fins. The lift has been moved down from the pic attached. Just had some concerns with hitting the fins when docking. Is the goal to have the cross bar 22" below waterline when it in the down position? Boat is a 2003 Outback with 22" draft.
    WP_20160322_001.jpg
    Last edited by p_xayamath; 03-28-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Would i be able to eliminate the bunks on the inside and just use the outside bunks? Using the outside bunks would clear the fins.

no the sides are just guides and wont support the boat. get some extensions and replace them probably going to need 12 to 18 min inch from the cross beam. the skegs are what you need to worry about as the shaft hangs off past the end beam . may be able to have them fabbed or use flat stock and drill them.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

thanks for the reply, would i be able to use something like this angle iron and use 2x12 wood?
    bracket.jpg

Also, when i lower the lift all the way down, the cross I-beam i measure 22" from the top of I-beam to water.
    Last edited by p_xayamath; 03-30-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Default Boat lift bunk

Quote Originally Posted by p_xayamath View Post
    would i be able to use something like this angle iron and use 2x12 wood?
    bracket.jpg
    NO, do not do that. You want to use 2X4's or 2x6's like what are on there now with the wide face up. They need to bend so that they follow the contour of the hull creating equal pressure points along the whole board. The 2X12 setup is for a pontoon.
    Last edited by jstenger; 03-30-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon