Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XM9's on oz tower

I upgraded to all exile this past week. In mounting the speakers on my tower it seems that I should have a rubber bushing or something to protect the tower paint from the mounts (also to help them stay tight and not twist). Anyone encountered this and came up with good solution? I was thinking about things like bicycle tire tubes cut to fit between tower and speaker mount?

On a side note, these speakers seem really heavy on the tower. We had a short rough water run yesterday and the tower had more creaking and popping than in the past. Maybe normal and sure worth the sound trade off!

I went all exile because of good quality stuff. However, the main reason though is the assistance I received from Brian and the entire crew. The way they do business fits me perfect as a do it yourselfer. My stuff shipped fast and Brian has been a text away the entire time. The javelin amp, eq, and 12inch sub is going in later this week. Great to see a company still doing business this way! Way to go exile!
    2017 Supra SA

The OZ tower paint chips with the (or any) clamps.

The tower definitely gets some wobble with the added weight, but I wouldn't be concerned.

I bolted the bottom pair directly to the tower. The top pair I made my own smaller clamps and painted black so they don't stand out as much.
    2013 Outback V

As long as the clamps are tight don't worry about it.

If they won't tighten let me know.

Yes they dig into the paint a little, I used blue tape and trimmed it off after it was tight.

Still have some dig marks. Just touch it up with paint if it concerns you.

If you have the smaller diameter tube tower it will cause a little wobble. Even on my larger then normal tower diameter it shakes a bit. Never concerns me.

I do remove the speakers on long trips but anything under 300 miles I leave them on.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Oh I always pull mine off when I trailer, but mostly because I don't want to have to clean bugs off 'em, lol!
    2013 Outback V

I had to really crank the clamp down after about 20 minutes on the water. I will make a few more trips and make sure they are not loosening up. Ian, that green and black looks sweet. Not you have me wanting to go yellow with black grills. I need to stay on the water and off these boards!
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Oh I always pull mine off when I trailer, but mostly because I don't want to have to clean bugs off 'em, lol!
    Mine are always in covers bro. No bugs.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Mine are always in covers bro. No bugs.
    Where did you get your covers? There aren't any listed on the Exile website and non came with my order when it showed up 2 months ago after being on back order for 2+ months.
    Jeff

2007 LSV -
    Mods -Monster Swivel Surf/Wakeboard Racks -Perfect Pass- Blue LED lighting - FAE - Manual Flow- SeaDek Swim Platform and Gunwall pads
    Exile Audio - 2 XM9 on the tower with 1 XM30.2 Amplifier - 6 XM65 cabin speakers with 1 XM15.4 Amplifier
    Ballast - 2x 800 lbs Ronix eight.3 sacks - 500 lbs in the bow

Quote Originally Posted by Northstarhi View Post
    Where did you get your covers? There aren't any listed on the Exile website and non came with my order when it showed up 2 months ago after being on back order for 2+ months.
    Covers are on back order. Should be in very soon. That is my understanding.
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

They switched styles and they were back ordered, normally they are in the boxes, they changed the material and the zipper, so to keep orders going they shipped speakers with no covers.

I will look into it and see if there is an expected arrival.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    speakersocks.com