Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default My Spring projects have begun...

White:
    2013 Outback V

And here is a preview of my switch upgrade;

I bought these, then printed 1" plastic labels on a PC connectable label maker, popped the chrome piece off, placed the labels, and re-assembled. I think they came out pretty slick!

I am also swapping the "Stereo" switch for a DPDT so up will be just cabins and down will be cabins and tower - previously it was 2 separate switches, but that seems unnecessary.
    Last edited by ian ashton; 03-19-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    2013 Outback V

Love the exile logo on the stereo switch!

Thanks! I wanted to give that area a little pizzaz, I thought that and the Moomba outline for the Transom Lights switch did the trick!

Exile XM15.4 installed - I also moved the 2 XM30.2's down a little closer to the 15.4 - the Xi800 was huge in comparison!

The hole left by the Xi800.4:

And the amps in their new homes;

I've got a bunch of wire clean-up to do, I just didn't have any zip ties with the screw-hole thingies. I think I might make a trim panel to go over these amps - I never did with the Xi800.4 because it ran pretty hot and I didn't want to restrict ventilation, so I'll probably hold off on that until I see if this one runs a little cooler, which I suspect it will.
    2013 Outback V

they do run cooler that's for sure, but they still run hot to the touch, or at least mine do LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

ShadowCasters 10s, even one will light things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Oil change and plugs done - looks like the plugs I pulled out were gapped to .060, so that's what I gapped the new ones at - anyone know if that's right? I couldn't find it in the manual, but I didn't look very hard, lol. Also, those AC Delco plugs aren't cheap, lol!

I tried a drill pump to suck the old oil out, but it just wasn't having it - maybe it's because I tried it with a cold motor and its 40 degrees outside.

Anyway, I snagged this at Harbor Freight a month or so ago for $20, worked AWESOME - I just slid the green hose fitting over the threads on the oil drain hose, hooked the + and - clamps to the battery jumper plug I installed last fall, and I was off to the races!

Here is my rigged up oil pump:

Yes I know, I could probably do with shorter hoses, but it worked

Miners Moss was delivered to my office today, so I'm going to snag that, hopefully lay out my template and have some fun there! I also picked up the zip ties I needed and a few other things, so I can keep plugging away tomorrow
    2013 Outback V

Turns out my not measuring before ordering was a bad idea, lol. I ordered 2 sheets of Miners Moss, probably need 3. I just ordered 2 more, lol.
    2013 Outback V

Where did you order the Miners Moss from?
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR192.... Long gone

Utopiatools.com

Template laid out on the floor getting ready to test fit;

Fits pretty good, made a few notes on where to cut wide on the 'moss, but overall I'm happy with the first try!

I watched a few videos on how to seem this stuff and decided the best bet was to sew it together with dental floss on the underside, then flip it over and glue it. It's in the basement drying now;
    2013 Outback V