Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default My Spring projects have begun...

A few more projects wrapped up this weekend;

A while ago I purchased a DPDT Carling switch to replace the SPST switch in the dash for the radio - I swapped it in and wired it such that up is cabin speakers, and down is cabin + towers (I previously had a separate switch for the towers). This allowed me to then wire the now open switch to a relay in the rear storage that will go to 2 more switches, one for the electric cooler (oh yea, I got a thermo-electric cooler), and the other for the wash down pump.

Then I installed a separate switch under the dash for the bilge with an LED indicator by the horn button to show when the bilge is on, which gave me another open switch that I wired the underwater lights to. Bing, bang, boom!

I also got wash-down pump mounted, but didn't have the proper fittings to plumb it;

I also did something I've wanted to do since purchase; replaced the terrible split loom on the trailer with some nice TechFlax, and ditched the rusty brake away hook in favor of an aluminum carabiner;

Here is the 12v receptacle I added for the electric cooler to plug into;
    2013 Outback V

My only mod so far, looks to be same green hull as mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

why a switch for the towers? don't you have a ZLD for a WS420? not sure I'd want to use a switch spot for something that I can just turn the dial on the Zone controller for. Unless there's something I'm missing.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have a Fusion MS-IP700, which gives me separate zone control for cabin, XM9 tower, and SXT9 tower - but I don't always listen to the tower speakers, so I don't want the amps powered on. The 2 position switch solved the problem of taking up a switch space
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I have a Fusion MS-IP700, which gives me separate zone control for cabin, XM9 tower, and SXT9 tower - but I don't always listen to the tower speakers, so I don't want the amps powered on. The 2 position switch solved the problem of taking up a switch space
    That makes sense. Yeah, I guess a quick cut to the remote turn on for the towers would solve that problem.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I got bored last night and edited the time-lapse images I shot of cutting out my miners miss flooring. Did I mention I was super bored?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/67Fzq0qkHnM[/youtube]
    2013 Outback V