Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default To keep lsv...or buy mojo??? ahhhh!!!

Hey guys....
    ive had my 2003 moomba lsv for 3 yrs. Interior new last year and it runs perfect. As soon as i bought it i fixed every little thing on boat.
    It has about 500hrs on it but is a well maintained ride. i added custom graphics as well. I love to wakeboard but my hull is a little shallow ans rough on bigger lakes with any roughness. My question is if its worth trading off my paid for good boat for a new beautiful bad ass boat lol......
    I keep seeing new ones and love the bigger hull....not to mention my wife keeps saying she wants to learn to surf and i just dont wanna bog down
    and put a lot of hard hrs on my 03

Quote Originally Posted by Wesjxxx View Post
    I keep seeing new ones and love the bigger hull....not to mention my wife keeps saying she wants to learn to surf and i just dont wanna bog down
    These are the biggest reasons I just signed paperwork on a new Mojo.

Good luck!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The only question is: what's your budget?

I would think that you could sell that and get something comparable in the '06 and later LSV for not much more money which would wakeboard and surf quite nicely.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Only you can decide whether this is the right move. You have to figure out the cost including purchase and trade in plus increases in insurance and fuel, perhaps your tow vehicle and storage spaces as well. Then you have to decide if it fits in your budget or would squeeze you too much. You should also consider who will use the boat and if you will be the party host every week or if others will contribute.

For me, I wanted a new dependable boat while the kids were still young enough to use it. Traded my almost paid for Outback on a new LSV a few years ago. I never regretted it because the best years were when all 6 kids could use the boat and 5 still go out with us all summer. Best decision I ever made.

Your current boat has value but if you aren't going to use it as much because it is not the right model for you and your wife anymore that is also a factor. Also, inboards hold their value pretty well so you can get out in a few years really only paying for your use-- you won't take that big of a hit, especially if prices continue to rise like they have in the last 5-6 years.

Good luck with your decision.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

pic with tower off...took out yesterday for first time just to run old gas out

well....i have great credit lol
    truck paid off....boat paid off....house paid off

Quote Originally Posted by Wesjxxx View Post

pic with tower off...took out yesterday for first time just to run old gas out

well....i have great credit lol
    truck paid off....boat paid off....house paid off
    Well the boat and truck might be paid off for now, I don't think the Toyota will pull the Mojo very far. The guy that bought my XLV showed up to tow it with the early 2000's 4Runner, almost had to go rent a truck to get it home.

One thing currently I keep hearing is rates are low for now, load up on the big ticket items and use cheap money. I say go for it, let the wife pick her colors for the new boat.

I was in that same situation, but from a 2006 LSV the move had to be perfect. Although I spent the morning ripping up the POW, I am itching to get out on the water with the SA450. Take your time and really determine why you want to upgrade and what you want out of it.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

We had an 08 LSV and switched to the Mojo and I've never regretted it.

We mainly upgraded to have more room for our crew.

Boats are only getting more and more expensive all of your in a good place to upgrade, I would go for it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

my other truck is a jacked up 2013 tundra crew max with tow package

i want to stick with moomba....a mondo would work..even one a couple years old...i dont need luxury...just a good running dependable boat with plenty of ponies under the hatch