Default plumbing/cable routing: IBS, center locker, helm

I've seen several questions about how to route plumbing between the center locker and an IBS. I took some pictures of how I did my LSV which should be the same for XLV and probably similar to many of the other models.

Description:
    These boats are designed to move air positively fore to aft, through the bilge. There are air channels/ducts that start with the intake below the windshield and connect to the bilge, etc. These spaces are also used for cable routing. If you stick your head (or camera) into the center locker, you'll find a "lateral" passage to the helm which becomes the "foot rest" or hump separating the helm from the bow. There is a hole cut in the top for cables, wiring and the factory installed center sac vent line. On my boat, the main power connection goes from the battery, through a couple of holes in the floor of the storage area, through the center locker space via this channel to the helm - you can just barely see this part of the channel in the picture below.

I used this channel to route a tube from the center sac to my IBS. I drilled a hole into the "hump" at the floor level to keep routing simple and also to allow the IBS to drain by gravity back to the center sac. This has worked just fine for us. When draining, a little water may get left in the other leg of the IBS but I find that most finds its way down once the boat decelerates and comes off plane forcing the water forward again. At the very end of the day we check and might raise the one side to make sure it all goes down. (I could easily add another tube on that port side but it's really minimal and not worth it in my opinion).

Pictures:
    Helm area, notice the battery cables routed up and out of the raised channel "hump".

Inside the center locker looking up and forward toward helm. Fill/drain tube going up to IBS.

Starboard bow area (IBS) looking aft. Fill/drain tube drilled into the channel and routed down to center locker.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Great write up. Found another project for this year....
    Grant
    2006 Moomba Outback V

Do you have a bag in the center locker? What bags are you using in the bow area?
    Wanting to add a couple myself to get more weight in the front. I have the center locker full (1,180 bag) but not sure what to use in the bow. I don't need a lot more, an extra 300 in the front seems to make a lot of difference.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Do you have a bag in the center locker? What bags are you using in the bow area?
    Yes, it's the factory bag, I just had it out when I was working in there and took those pictures. I think it's 400# in the LSV but the XLV has a much larger "basement" locker. I think that trayson put an 1180# bag in there (https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....928#post274928) and he may still be selling stock(?) 650# bag (https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-with-Fittings)
    2007 Mobius LSV

What are you using on the sides for your IBS? I haven't found mine anywhere for the sides. There is no way to put one bag in that will go into the port and starboard sides, I have to use two separate bags and plumb them together. Just don't know what bags to use.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

This IBS from wakemakers fits the LSV: https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...d-bow-sac.html I had to wrestle it in from one side since the opening under the very front seat cushion is too small, but the bow area under the seats is continuous. The XLV may be different.
    2007 Mobius LSV