Default Bow Speaker Face Plate Replacement

I have two damaged face plates on a stock 2008 Moomba XLV. They are the silver kicker brand... Anyone done an upgrade and have a couple of face plates I can make a deal on?

Can you post a pic of them. I might have a few but I think they are white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Default Not sure if it will work now?

xlvbuick 014.jpg

I looked at the speaker again, and it seems the tweeter is glued to the middle of the face plate?? I can't seem to get it off without the possibility of damaging it? Not sure if you have any thoughts on this?

I don't think those grilles are replaceable.

I kind of remember wanting to paint mine one year and decided it would be too much trouble.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Can you not heat the solder connection and remove the wire from the post on the speaker so the grill will come off?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

By the looks of it, the tweeter is part of the face plate... I think I agree with Brian.. i don't think they are replaceable... may have to look at buying new speakers for the front and then replace the otherones later? Exile may be a good option? I do have their towers (although my friend has wetsound towers and they sound unreal too)...

Thanks for your help guys...

Yes, the tweeter is molded into the grill and I have a feeling its not a serviceable part. However, there is a slim chance that a replacement tweeter/grill assembly is available from kicker. Worth a call to them just to ask. Ive done this operation a few times on the wet sounds xs and sw series speakers as they do offer a replacement tweeter w/grill.

The new Kicker KM654 marine speakers do come with a detached grill. the Tweeter is spider-mounted above the mid-bass cone and the grill sets over it. You gel the "CW" model and choose between the white or charcoal grill. Add an "L" to the part number and you get the RGB LEDs on the back of the tweeter.

This new Kicker speaker is quite a step up from the 6130 model used in the past. .75 dome tweeter as compared to the previous .5 "W" style tweeter. Completely new from the ground up speaker, not just a cosmetic revision.