Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost Another Great Buddy Today

Today I had to lay to rest Jack, my 15 year old Lab. He is up in heaven with his older sister Lucy. They were two of the best dogs I have ever had. Rest in peace buddy!

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Sorry to hear the sad news. It sounds like he had a great life and times go too fast. My friend happened to send the picture which I thought was humorous for those who know Labs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Sorry for your loss never easy to let go of a fur baby.
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Sorry for your loss man, Oso is a black lab also and by fare the best dog and most loved dog I've ever had.

We joke all the time, Oso will always have a home but we might not.

Everyone loves him and wants to take him home.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sorry joe, hardest thing to do.

We have three labs 8, 9 and 10. And I dread the day, it's been 11 yrs since my last lab went to the rainbow bridge .
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Man I feel for you! 2/18/14 I put down what I feel the best dog that anybody could ask for. Still to this day I think of him and wish he was hear to stare at me and never leave my sight. Actually 2 nights ago I had a dream of putting him down and it brought everything back. I'm truly sorry for losing a great fur friend and never wish the final day on anybody else. Please share more thoughts and pictures, I know it helped me being able to just say something about my fur kid online to others. Damn good looking pup by the way... Rest in peace buddy!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Man I feel for you! 2/18/14 I put down what I feel the best dog that anybody could ask for. Still to this day I think of him and wish he was hear to stare at me and never leave my sight. Actually 2 nights ago I had a dream of putting him down and it brought everything back. I'm truly sorry for losing a great fur friend and never wish the final day on anybody else. Please share more thoughts and pictures, I know it helped me being able to just say something about my fur kid online to others. Damn good looking pup by the way... Rest in peace buddy!
    Sharing helped me a lot when I put my first dog down a couple years ago, I posted a ton of pictures in an album for him. I think I even posted a thread here if i remember. They become so much a part of our lives and it hurts so much when you lose them.

To this day if I think or look at old pictures of my last dog I well up just like the day he left.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My wife has had a picture of Lucy as her lock screen on her phone for the past few years. Now she will have to change it to an old picture with both Jack and Lucy in it. Dogs are the best. We plan to wait a few years and then start all over again with two new puppies.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    My wife has had a picture of Lucy as her lock screen on her phone for the past few years. Now she will have to change it to an old picture with both Jack and Lucy in it. Dogs are the best. We plan to wait a few years and then start all over again with two new puppies.
    Thats going to be hard with no dog i would think.

When my old dog was really showing his age we got Oso and then the old dog perked right back up for 2 more years.
    Having Oso by my side really helped me with the loss of my other dog.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yeah, it was very hard coming home last night to no dog. Jack went def a year ago, so he usually didn't hear us walk in. We would always check to see what bedroom he was sleeping in. Sometimes we would be home quite a while before he would wake up and notice. Then he would come over by us and lay down again.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon