Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Could have just been in my head but I feel like the craz just feels noticeably bigger and more sturdy. The lake we frequent because it's very close is VERY choppy from both wind and population and the craz does a wonderful job. We have been nothing but happy with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Default Craz or Mondo? Feedback from anyone with experience with both.

Craz all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Centurion boats are a deep V boat similar to a I/O so they will always work better in the chop and rollers than a flat bottom. However, that is all you will get. I just took out a Craz 2 weeks ago for test drive in 25 mph wind with white caps and at 20 mph the Craz was very smooth. It is one of the selling points to me. The Craz will out perform the Centurion in wakeboard and ski wake. Surf wake may go to the centurion that is their focus. Deep V boats will also create more of a valley before the wake which is horrible to ski or wakeboard on.
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

I have decided I'm going to set a demo on a larger lake, hopefully this week as the wind should be strong. I like look of front of mondo and the size would be great for smaller coves, docks, and storage. I think I may leave mondo as a single axle trailer, as I haven't found anyone complaining about the single for normal weekend towing. This makes money difference a little more significant towards mondo.If I can set cruise around 17-20 and push through normal crowded weekend lake conditions, I will prob stick with the mondo. I just hate the feeling of the boat coming out of water through rollers and slamming back down.

Just a thought. A 2014 mojo fits in an 8 foot door. You could pick up one with low hours.
    2017 Supra SA

We just don't really need the size of the mojo and it seems mojo needs a lot of weight to get a great wave and wake. I like the mondo because it feels as roomy as my Avalanche despite being a little shorter. Actually feels wider and way deeper. i work for ford and want the raptor engine, which I wouldn't get in a 14 and I like the 5 year warranty, new surf tabs, rear facing bench seat, ect.

I always look at resale when making a big purchase because you just never know. The 22' market is by far the strongest. Also, while a single axle trailer will get it done, it's another thing that *could* pose an issue for a perspective buyer not to mention safety and piece of mind if you do elect to do a longer haul with it. My thought is that if you're gonna do a purchase this big do it right. We have had a small crew of 4 in the craz and didn't feel like it was too much room, but have also had 10 and been comfortable which was wonderful. The towing of the craz isn't all that much harder and it maneuvers just as good as the mondo. We have blasted some white caps in the craz and had no issues. I have a buddy who is notorious for bringing water in the boat and even he couldn't soak us. It's a very well built and designed craft and is great for any size crew. If you were dead set on the mondo in would say you're in good hands and congrats,but if you're between the 2 I see it hard not to go the craz route. My .02

Last edited by jtatexc; 03-08-2016 at 12:15 AM.

I will prob stick with the mondo. I just hate the feeling of the boat coming out of water through rollers and slamming back down.
    You will LOVE your choice to go with the Mondo! Good driver and any chop you will be fine just not blasting through it. If you go Mondo fork the extra cash and go duel axel on the trailer. Even short hauls can turn into a nightmare with a single. What area are you from?
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Well I switched my demo to a Craz for Thursday. The mondo is in stock and I would be ordering the Craz. By the time I add the dual axle trailer on the mondo, and add a few options I wanted to Craz and remove a few things I didn't care for on the mondo, the money is so close I think I will go Craz for resale value in case I ever need to sale it. I am financing the purchase and the payment is so close. I also love the hull and deck of the boat, looks a lot like a new supra to me, which I like. Assuming demo goes well I will go ahead and get the Craz ordered. Excited about demo, seems like you can't find anything bad on the Craz

Default Craz or Mondo? Feedback from anyone with experience with both.

Cuz there is nothing bad haha