Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Plasti Dip trailer fenders?

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    Like you said it is cheap and easy so you might as well give it a shot. Worst case is you don't like it and have to peel it off. I plasti dipped the wheels on my truck and the trailer about 3 months ago and so far I am really pleased with it. Been through the car wash a few times and so far it is holding up very well with no nicks or peeling spots.

Attachment 23483Attachment 23484
    Are those the stock trailer rims? Can you take a closer picture please? Thanks looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Thanks! I was pretty happy with how they turned out. Yeah they are the stock rims. I will try to snap a close up tonight.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    Thanks! I was pretty happy with how they turned out. Yeah they are the stock rims. I will try to snap a close up tonight.
    Thanks, might be a good option for me since my wife would get pretty pissed buying new rims for the boat lol. I'm running out of "friends" that buy me stuff for the boat. In December my "friend" no bought us a new fusion transom remote. Earlier another "friend" upgraded our ballast for us.

I have really nice friends lol

FYI: I'm secretly the friend who bought it HAHA

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Has anyone done this before? I figured black fenders would look a lot better especially if I get black rims. Just curious if anyone has done it before? Thanks!

I would look into Powder coating them. Its much more durable and honestly doesn't cost that much.

Even having a shop paint them isn't going to cost that much. Take them off the trailer and walk in. Since this isnt a car quality finish its going to be much cheaper.

Another option < one I am going to do after the big move > get a hold of the Tech schools who train painters, they will almost always do it for free, you might pay for Paint because they use it as training.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I would look into Powder coating them. Its much more durable and honestly doesn't cost that much.

Even having a shop paint them isn't going to cost that much. Take them off the trailer and walk in. Since this isnt a car quality finish its going to be much cheaper.

Another option < one I am going to do after the big move > get a hold of the Tech schools who train painters, they will almost always do it for free, you might pay for Paint because they use it as training.
    Would they have to take the paint off before they powder it?

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    Would they have to take the paint off before they powder it?

Honestly I don't know. I have never had anything powder coated. My friend here locally does it on the side, Let me text him to ask.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Most Powder coaters will sand/media/bead blast any metal prior to powder. All of the guys I know that do it either have their own blast equipment or "their guy" that does parts weekly to prep for powder for them.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Most of the time their price includes media blasting. I just had my windshield frame done for 150. It was a total of 15 pieces.

Anyone know if the fenders are easily removed with the boat on the trailer?

2015 Mondo

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Pretty simple. Easier with the boat off, but either way it isn't a difficult task.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold