Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, and we all have lots and lots of advice when it's other peoples money and other people are doing the work.

if I return the s7's and order the sxt9q's can I add the xm9's next year? or do I have to go back with sxt9's?
    or should I skip the sxt's all together and fork it out for the xm9's?

im not mad at any members. most of the replies have been positive, guess im more mad at myself for not asking this before I ordered.
    trying to weigh out if I really wanna go through all that it will take to return and order new plus the $ difference.
    it seemed just a few years ago the xm7's were all anyone could talk about and how much they loved them. I wonder if that would still be the case if the 8's and 10's hadn't came out? if they come out with 12's and 14's will the 8's and 10's no longer be sufficient? how many ppl upgraded from xm7's to xm9's just bc they were the latest and greatest and how many did it bc they were not satisfied with the xm7's?
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

I was not satisfied with my 6.5" HLCD's. (disclosure: they weren't exile) I couldn't hear them that well at wake range and they were super bright up close.

If you do Q9's this year, you are kinda pushing yourself into Q9's next year. If youwant HLCD's ... id spend the extra
    $150 (max) to get into the XM9's this year.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by casmith71 View Post
    if I return the s7's and order the sxt9q's can I add the xm9's next year? or do I have to go back with sxt9's?
    or should I skip the sxt's all together and fork it out for the xm9's?

im not mad at any members. most of the replies have been positive, guess im more mad at myself for not asking this before I ordered.
    trying to weigh out if I really wanna go through all that it will take to return and order new plus the $ difference.
    it seemed just a few years ago the xm7's were all anyone could talk about and how much they loved them. I wonder if that would still be the case if the 8's and 10's hadn't came out? if they come out with 12's and 14's will the 8's and 10's no longer be sufficient? how many ppl upgraded from xm7's to xm9's just bc they were the latest and greatest and how many did it bc they were not satisfied with the xm7's?
    The reality is that at one point all we had was 6.5" HLCDs and the hype was way over the top. They were represented as sound quality speakers. People soon found out different. You could line up every brand of Proaxial 6.5" HLCD side by side and although they all sounded slightly different the truth is they all sounded equally bad. Hybrid/Mix/Double-Up packages came along as a sort of an apology and a fix by averaging harsh but louder HLCDs with warmer coaxials that had less output. Ultimately the real and simple solution was a larger and more balanced speaker. There's a very small production cost difference between a 6.5" and 8" HLCD. And it was no longer cost effective to produce two product tiers when one was so inferior.

update: I have spoke to Samson and I am returning the s7's. I have been talking with Brian all weekend and decided to go with a pair of xm9's. Brian is great. he really sets the highest standards of customer service. thanks for everyones help.
    05 mobius ls 310hp carb

Another world problem solved.

Congrats, I think you will be glad in the long run.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded