Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've taken rollers over the bow in my LSV. I couldn't image something with a much lower freeboard, LSV is set up for 2500lbs of ballast and surfs great, but still can take water over bow if not careful.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I would suggest throwing together a ghetto gate and see what you get. Search this site, there are many designs. Nice thing about a gate is you can get decent starter wave without a ton of weight.

Default Outback for Wakesurfing

Wakemakers surf system video was on an outback. It looked pretty awesome. But they're like 15k lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I'm sure the wakemakers stuff is nice but you'd be surprised what a basic diy gate will do.

A little late to reply on this one but I surf my Outback DD with no troubles. I purchased my underseat rear bag from viking to replace the factory bag. Perhaps viking can chime in and tell us what size it is... im guessing 700 or 750. I relocated the factory bag to the trunk after re enforcing the trunk floor. I have a 750 IBS in the bow which last year I was throwing the pump over the side to fill. It surfs awesome as it is but as suggested you have to watch the front. She is definately slammed with the IBS full or 3/4 full. Over winter I have built a new platform on Traysons design and fabbed my own platform brackets. Ill be doing a write up on my IBS integration soon. As soon as I figure out how to post pics,that is.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

I have a 2003 outback, that I made surf gates for. I run 1200lb in the back( 800lb under back seat and 400lb in the trunk that has been beefed up to be able to carry the weight). I'm going to try a bag on the floor in the bow this season. Does water come over the bow once In a while yes but it's not a big deal. Remember we're only moving at 10 to 12 mph while surfing.

Hey man I purchased a 05 mobius dd last year being I couldn't really justify spending the extra coin on the v drive being me and wifes first wake boat. I will say me and a buddy pretty in to surfing so I added twin 540 sumo sacks to the rear plus the under seat 400 hard ballast that's already there. The wave although not the best allowes us to surf pretty easily. With all that being said if you have more then just a couple people in the boat you doo have to be mindful of what your doing when turning around. All we would do is stop wait just a second for the wake to pass and then turn the boat around and we never had a problem. So to say it's not possible would be wrong but not ideal if that's all your doing all summer either I would say.

I wish I would have made a surf gate for my Outback when I had it. Not that the wave was bad but it surely would have been better.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Im also realizing the benefits to the surf gate, kane. After reading plenty in the archives in regards to delaying wave convergence and such Im going to fab one up once I finish my new swim platform.
    2008 Moomba Outback LS
    325 Indmar Assault MPI
    Gravity 1 Ballast with IBS

Here's the Go surf assist system on an outback. go surf assist.jpg