Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WT-1 Wake tractor by heydayinboards

In the latest issue of wakeboard mag the WT-1 "Wake tractor" had a full page add...
    I went to the site and there are very few pics and limited specs.
    Has anyone seen this thing at the boat show? I am definately not buying one but I was interested what the total price of one of these things was.
    $299 a month.
    heydayinboards.com
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

There are threads on other sites with more pictures.
    Here is one of them http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...hlight=tractor It is different...
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

it is an interesting design and I hope it sells. proof will be in the wake once people are riding it.
    I don't think tho that it is going to get a fair shake as it's not from a "wakeboat" company.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yes, I saw it in person at the boat show. seating maxes out at 8. The seating is all modular with backrests that can be moved to the front or back "seats". The driver has no windshield and is the center.

Even the guy that was with the boat at the boat show had no idea what you'd do for a rearview mirror.

I have to imagine it'd be incredibly sensitive to side to side people weight. The hull was a big wedge and it was just not attractive. Supposedly it can hit a higher top speed (the salesman said like 50+?) but that's of course all because of whatever prop they choose to run it with. They keep advertising it at $40k.

For stereo, it has a wetsounds Bluetooth soundbar like you'd use on an ATV...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think you plug a joystick into your tablet to drive it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Even the guy that was with the boat at the boat show had no idea what you'd do for a rearview mirror.
    I don't get this. have seen a few posts on this where guys are treating it like not wearing a seatbelt in a car. I have not used a rear view mirror in 5 years. granted I don't tow boarders and can see with increased speed how it could be a danger, but surfing, I have yet to see the need for one on a boat if you have a boatload of peeps. I have mastered the art of watching someone surf and looking forward as well.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

States that do not require a spotter do require a mirror.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I don't get this. have seen a few posts on this where guys are treating it like not wearing a seatbelt in a car. I have not used a rear view mirror in 5 years. granted I don't tow boarders and can see with increased speed how it could be a danger, but surfing, I have yet to see the need for one on a boat if you have a boatload of peeps. I have mastered the art of watching someone surf and looking forward as well.
    I like having one, I wouldn't want to do without. Yeah, it is easier to look back and not miss anything forward when going under 10mph. It gets more tricky when going 21.5mph wakeboarding. It gets even trickier when I'm slalom skiing at 28 to 29mph.

I don't "need" perfect pass either, but I sure as hell like it and definitely want my wife to be using PP and the mirror when she drives.

It's just another tool. When I take a road trip in my car, I like to leave a sliver of my back window unobstructed from gear so I can see if there's someone behind me (typically not a problem since I haul ass driving and I'm usually the one doing all the passing, LOL).

As far as the boatload of people, I am probably a bit of a control freak and don't like to 'depend' on input from them when a mirror can supplement that.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Ever use the mirror to keep your eye on everything bouncing around in the boat when goingacross a choppy lake?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    SandM time to bust out that mirror, Wisconsin passed a law making it legal to ride with just 2 people as long as you have a wide angle mirror.

Oh and KG I get where your coming from
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"