Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swim Platform Storage

Has anyone ever strapped a cooler on the swim platform while trailering the boat? Thinking this could free up some space in the toe vehicle and keeping the inside of the boat from being banged up by it sliding around.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I see it all the time on fishing boats...

Heck, I've even seen a swim platform bike rack online on some threads.

I guess the risk you'd be taking is that weight back there while the force of the trailer bouncing around is magnifying it... Personally, I wouldn't do it. The risk just isn't worth the benefit in my book. I'd sooner find a way to strap it in the boat so it doesn't slide around...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Swim Platform Storage

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I see it all the time on fishing boats...

Heck, I've even seen a swim platform bike rack online on some threads.

I guess the risk you'd be taking is that weight back there while the force of the trailer bouncing around is magnifying it... Personally, I wouldn't do it. The risk just isn't worth the benefit in my book. I'd sooner find a way to strap it in the boat so it doesn't slide around...
    Yeah but it seems the platform
    Can hold 400-500 lbs. a 50 quart cooler is MAYBE 100 lbs full. It would take a hell of a bounce for it pull 4-5 Gs

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yeah but it seems the platform
    Can hold 400-500 lbs. a 50 quart cooler is MAYBE 100 lbs full. It would take a hell of a bounce for it pull 4-5 Gs

Sent from my iPhone
    I agree with trayson, 400-500lbs while in the water is one thing, I would never put that much weight on mine while on the trailer. Cooler for short distances might be okay, long hauls? I wouldn't do it.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

put it in the boat on the floor.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'd worry more about the risk of it coming off than it hurting the platform.

Personally, I'd put it in the floor of the boat.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I guess I treat my beer better than that. I wouldn't want it feeling like I didn't care about it. And, I wouldn't want it bouncing around back there. I tie my platform down tight with a ratchet strap so it doesn't bounce any more than it has to and widen the pinholes.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

And here im thinking about the beer being all shook up with heading to the lake bouncing down the road.

dont do it, its just not worth it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I've seen people towing down the road with gas spilling everywhere, LOL. I would do it like others said for short trips but for the long haul I would make room in the truck. You could always go Grizwald style and tie it to the top of the rig
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Good idea but I vote no also.
    I tied a half full 5 gallon gas can to the tray (where you stand) on my stand up SuperJet. It was a "squared" heavy walled, racing can and stood up straight and fit nicely. It was walled on three sides of the ski, foam on the base and web tied it down so it couldn't possibly come out. That's what I thought until I saw it from my passenger mirror being dragged down the road after hitting a big bump at 60 MPH. Caught it right away so no leakage somehow.
    Swim platform is just not made for that.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap