Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Family trip to Sarasota Flordia

We are taking a family trip to Sarasota Fl. We fly into Tampa next Saturday 2-20 and we leave the following Saturday.

I was wondering if there is anything cool in the area to do??
    It will be me, my wife, our 3 Kids (1,2, and 5 years old) plus her mom and dad.
    We rent two vehicles so we can split up a little bit.
    Right now we are planning a day at Clearwater Marine my daughter loves winter from dolphin tail. Also the house we rented is 3 blocks for the beach and they have kayaks we can use. So we thought a morning or two of that.

I was thinking of taking my wakeboard and hitting a cable park for a couple half days. I am kind of undecided on taking a my wake board.
    The weather says high of 75 for most of next week. Is this pushing it thinking about wakeboarding and kayaking??

thanks

Jonathan
    2007 supra 21v

Ringling Circus Museum is very cool

while up in Clearwater, hit Frenchy's on the beach for a grouper sammich!

A little South of Sarasota is Venice, FL. Set up a tour of the Phase 5 factory.

In Sarasota, take a tour of Siesta Key Rum

2212 Industrial Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34234

Ooh that sounds like fun. Going to Marco fl south of Naples in April

P5 would be cool
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Go to the beach on Sanibel Island. Very pretty there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

North of me (Ft. Meyers) is Revolution cable park. Really great set up and if you are daring enough try the ramps. Great facility. As for a beach go to Siesta Key. In my opinion it probably is the niecest beach in South FL.

about an hour north of Sarasota, you can rent kayaks and cruise 5.5 miles down the Wiki Watchee springs. Very cool experience for the whole family - the manatees are currently in the springs.

I did this yesterday - I'd do it again. Single and double kayaks available.

Thanks for the information. My family is getting real excited about this. I am going to try to schedule a tour for next week to Phase 5 factory today.
    I was telling my wife I want to do the factory tour and she said how come I feel like we will be bring a new surfboard home. (she says this but she surfs a lot more then I do currently.)

I will have to check into Wiki Watchee Springs. We current rented a house with two Kayaks included.

thanks again
    2007 supra 21v

Since you have kayaks available, you will only have to pay $5 per person to get a ride back to the start (they will trailer your kayaks).

Water is real warm and there is a rope swing and a platform high in a tree to jump off.

Quote Originally Posted by tantlingerbill View Post
    Since you have kayaks available, you will only have to pay $5 per person to get a ride back to the start (they will trailer your kayaks).

Water is real warm and there is a rope swing and a platform high in a tree to jump off.
    Somewhere down in that area, there is a snorkeling with the Manatees tour. I thought it was going to be boot since I was from Satellite Beach and I had see all the manatees I would ever want to see. Boy was I wrong. It was fantastic. I'll check with my wife on where that was and the name.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo