Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Potential boat buyer.

Hopefully some of you guys could help. I've been talking to a dealer about a 2026 moomba. They are pretty much stuck on there price. Which is pretty much mrsp. After talking to a buddy of mine which sales cobalt boats. He said they have permission to drop the price of a 50k boat 5 to 6k. Anything more then that they have to get the general manager involve. Any experienced help would be awesome. I never buy anything new because I'm always searching for a deal. But the boat thing is a different story. Back to the question what did you guys lay for a moomba also what kind of discount did you get off the first price giving to you/MSRP.? There needs to be a trueboat like truecar

Well given that it's a 2026 they are speculating quite a few years in advance so I can see why they are not budging on price...........JK
    You'll find a wide range of prices depending on dealer(s) and geographical location.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Cobalts are beautiful boats. Is your bud knocking $5k off a $50k Cobalt 200 or a $620k Cobalt A40?

It's tough enough to try and shop across directly competing brands, much less brands with little in common. And, it all boils down to supply & demand. If your dealer feels he can get MSRP, then that's at their risk or, their gain.

Good luck in the search for your new boat.

Where are you located? I know a Moomba dealer here in KY personally that could beat anybody. With that being said I would never buy a boat at MSRP. I got quoted a 2016 Supra SE fully loaded at 105 and the MSRP was 134k. There's room to play, trust me. Now if your looking at a mojo, mondo it won't be as much of a discount due to them being 50,60,70k boats but I bet there's atleast 5-10k off msrp that you could find elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chad.taylor07 View Post
    I know a Moomba dealer here in KY personally that could beat anybody.
    Do you mean beat any other brand or beat any other Moomba dealer? If you're talking about beating another Moomba dealer, did you know they have protected territories & your KY dealer would have to get the local dealer to agree to the sale as well as provide compensation?

Just curious, how do you know what a dealer's territory is?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Do you mean beat any other brand or beat any other Moomba dealer? If you're talking about beating another Moomba dealer, did you know they have protected territories & your KY dealer would have to get the local dealer to agree to the sale as well as provide compensation?
    Drew if it's the dealer I know of in KY his pricing is within a percent or maybe two of my dealer Ohio or the one in Knoxville I also priced. One thing the KY dealer does move a ton of supra and moomba boats. The location they have between lake cumberland and dale hollow and service i have heard about is key to their success. Not many boat dealers go to two of the largest boat shows in their state.

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    When you type your zip in the Moomba or Supra site it will show you the dealer for your area. If I type in my address for work I get a Cincinnati dealer, I type in home address I get a Akron dealer. No inboard dealer in Columbus Ohio.

I just purchased a 2016 Mondo, and including the boat show deal that the manufacturer kicked in, mine came in about 4500 below MSRP.
    Kyle

2016 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Just shop around and try and buy from the best price dealer and if it's not in your territory I guarantee you'll find out.....haha.
    Only applies to new models though as I understand holdovers and used then territories don't apply.
    Personally I think the territory system keeps the bad dealers in business as the good dealers will never be short of customers. The system ensures that the bad dealers keep getting business. That's been my experience and part of the reason I jumped ship on SC.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet