Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojo ballast

Default Mojo ballast

I'm wanting to swap out my factory 650 bags to the 1100s but just ran across some new info. My current bags fill in the bottom. Do I have to change the configuration to fill 1100s. (Do they have to fill from the top?) just saw it mentioned in another thread and didn't want to hijack that one. I was hoping for a simple swap out. I guess some plumbing may be involved? Help a brother out. Still learning everything here.

Also how is your ibs plumbed. My 750 ibs was installed by the dealer and I ended up cracking my hard tank last summer. Dealer claimed it was a bad tank but I have my doubts. They replaced the hard tank but I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again. Keep it simple for me. Like I said I'm still learning about everything.
    2015 Moomba Mojo

Default Mojo ballast

Quote Originally Posted by kenn1282 View Post
    I'm wanting to swap out my factory 650 bags to the 1100s but just ran across some new info. My current bags fill in the bottom. Do I have to change the configuration to fill 1100s. (Do they have to fill from the top?) just saw it mentioned in another thread and didn't want to hijack that one. I was hoping for a simple swap out. I guess some plumbing may be involved? Help a brother out. Still learning everything here.

Also how is your ibs plumbed. My 750 ibs was installed by the dealer and I ended up cracking my hard tank last summer. Dealer claimed it was a bad tank but I have my doubts. They replaced the hard tank but I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again. Keep it simple for me. Like I said I'm still learning about everything.
    You can get 1100s that fill from bottom. Got mine from wakemakers. They work great. No reconfiguration was needed. Took about 15 mins to swap out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

Default Mojo ballast

1100's fill from the bottom just like the 650's. Get the Wakemaker brand. They have larger ports than the Fly Highs.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I added 1100's pretty easily...should just be "plug and play" for you. The ones i have are a little long. I thought about buying the "enzo" bags from wakemakers for a better fit and better distribution but im probably over thinking it. Just remember to adjust your fill and empty times on the ballast menu.
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    2012 GMC 2500 Duramax

Thanks for the speedy responses!

So nobody has had any issues with the fittings leaking due to the weight of the bags pushing on them?
    2015 Moomba Mojo

In my craz i also swapped my 750s for 1100s that fill from the bottom, also got from wake makers. They fill from the bottom and several trips and no issues yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Swapped mine for 1100's also. Fill from bottom. No issues.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default Mojo ballast

Do you have a surf system? If you do then I would consider swapping to 900's from sumo instead of fly high 1100. If you want the 1100's call wakemakers and buy a fitting and a few feet of hose for your fill line and extend it so the 1100 fills in top of the bag.
    My Moomba had the flow and it worked better with the 900's. The 1100's seemed to drown the surf system. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the speedy responses!

So nobody has had any issues with the fittings leaking due to the weight of the bags pushing on them?
    I've ran every size bag in my mojo lockers.
    All worked fine, I never glued my fittings, none leaked.

I would recommend the V Drive brace kit they sell.
    Or make your own. With the exhaust manifold gay and the bags it does cause Adobe warping.
    Not real bad but still noticeable.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Mojo ballast

I believe Mikes bags full from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk