Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Snowboarding The French Alps

Hello everyone,

I am sure some of you snowboard, I am just wondering if anyone has had the chance to shred the French Alps? If so, how does it compare to places in the US in terms of boarding? Would it be worth my time to visit while I am in Europe over Easter?

Or should I just hold off on that and take trip out west, and spend my time in Europe doing other things?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

I haven't been to the French Alps. I've ridden in the Alps in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. This was MANY years ago (1998 or 1999???). I had a limited time and a limited budget. my goal was to board in 3 countries in the Alps. I was staying in Germany at the time. So I was able to ride at Zugspitz in the Bavarian region of Germany. http://zugspitze.de/en/winter/mountain/zugspitze Then I went to St Anton Austria (the birthplace of skiing) http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en and finished up by going to Davos Switzerland. http://www.davos.ch/en/

Skiing in an American resort is great, but the experience of riding the alps is amazing. it's different. the way the resorts are laid out, the culture of the people there. Pretty amazing IMO. Expensive, and a hassle to bring your gear. But I would visit a mountain over a museum anyday.

Someday I'd LOVE to get over to Chamonix. I means, seriously--that place looks epic.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thanks for the reply. That sounds/looks amazing. I have always been a snowboarder, so deep down I want to shred while I am there. But like you said, it's going to be more of a hassle. I think I am going to go for atleast a day, just to say I've been snowboarding in the Alps!

I really don't have a budget (Yay no kids), so I can go where ever whenever. Ill be in Europe for two weeks. Staying in Paris but plan to travel 2 or 3 places and maybe hit the slops on the way to/from Italy.

Thanks!

By the way, I doubt I'll take my board, I'll either rent something or buy a board while I am there, then either sell it or donate it to a local kid or something. I can squeeze my boots and bindings in my bag.

Default Snowboarding The French Alps

I have been to Interlaken, Switzerland and it was amazing! This was back in my Active Duty days in Germany, but I went many times and stayed in a hostel for next to nothing. No where I have been in the US even compares to Swiss Alps and being able to take a train and lift to the top 10-12k feet and have it take over an hour to ride to the bottom. Aside from getting to Europe, it is actually fairly inexpensive compared to some of the rip off mountains around here in PNW and outlying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

I actually went to chamonix last month. It was the most EPIC trip i have ever been on. Club med offers 7 night trip for $2500 (all inclusive, flight, lift tickets, beer, food, mountain guides).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spyles0004; 02-22-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyles0004 View Post
    I actually went to chamonix last month. It was the most EPIC trip i have ever been on. Club med offers 7 night trip for $2500 (all inclusive, flight, lift tickets, beer, food, mountain guides).
    Awesome pics! Thanks! I am definitely getting pumped up about this trip now. Exactly 1 month away!

Thanks for the replies.

Just booked a room at Chamonix! The room prices are very reasonable. I am only staying for 2 nights but I am the type of snowboarder that goes hard the whole time, so I think I will have sufficient time to explore.
    Thanks again!

OK, now you owe us all some major pix so make sure you don't let us down!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I will definitely have some good footage/pics of the entire trip. I will post up asap.

One more question, I am assuming they have full snowboard shops at chamonix? Where I can buy a board. Can someone please verify?